Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > Beautiful Trauma official video
Pages (9): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nique
Double Platinum

quote:
Originally posted by » Dani
Whatever. You get what I meant. Is it your interpretation or did he actually say anything that was clear that this was the case?

I said what I said. I already made a thread about it years ago when it happened. Not going down that road again. It is my opinion of him.

I shouldn't have brought it up. But I did. My bad.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-12-2017 07:09 PM
nique is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nique Click here to Send nique a Private Message Find more posts by nique Add nique to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

quote:
Originally posted by nique
I said what I said. I already made a thread about it years ago when it happened. Not going down that road again. It is my opinion of him.

I shouldn't have brought it up. But I did. My bad.

Alright. I haven't read that thread. I was just curious to know what happened. That's all. I wasn't going into a discussion about this because I honestly can't bother, but I'm curious to know if it was just your interpretation or if it was clear him saying that he supported that.

Old Post 12-12-2017 07:16 PM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
purple18
Triple Platinum Record Level

quote:
Ok about the watermelon discussion. What exactly is he wrong about that makes him so “stupid and ignorant”? I just want to understand your view on it too.
Döme summed it up pretty well in his reply, but basically it's the same thing as with the vaccinations we talked about earlier. GMO is not gonna kill anyone. The only thing it MAY endanger in the long run is the ecosystem but we dont know that yet. But it has been proven scientifically that eating GMO products do not harm you.

So saying that eating a seedless watermelon is bad because it's GMO and it will harm you is just ignorant. And once again, the way he presents it = douchey. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Old Post 12-12-2017 08:17 PM
purple18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for purple18 Click here to Send purple18 a Private Message Find more posts by purple18 Add purple18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
purple18

quote:
Originally posted by Kr@zy4P!nk
I find it interesting that he swings on both sides of the extreme political spectrum. He seems to adore the gold ole' wild west gun slinging 'merica and apparently he supports a white supremacists (idk how true this is ) but then rants about GMO food, plastic free water bottles and may/may not be an anti-vaccinator which all tend to be far left perspectives.

Anyways, I personally think we shouldn't crucify Carey bc of how we interpret what he posts on instagram. He seems like a good reasonable guy in his interviews. Then again I'm not the type of person to delete someone from my social media bc i disagree with them. I like to get an idea of how the other side thinks.

i agree with you but his way of presenting his views just annoys me so much. He is probably a great dad and looks like a sweet husband but otherwise sounds like one of my friends who says and believes racist and homophobic things. I like to keep a distance, not because we disagree but because in certain topics i accept no other truth than my own.

Old Post 12-12-2017 08:22 PM
purple18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for purple18 Click here to Send purple18 a Private Message Find more posts by purple18 Add purple18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

quote:
Originally posted by purple18
Döme summed it up pretty well in his reply, but basically it's the same thing as with the vaccinations we talked about earlier. GMO is not gonna kill anyone. The only thing it MAY endanger in the long run is the ecosystem but we dont know that yet. But it has been proven scientifically that eating GMO products do not harm you.

So saying that eating a seedless watermelon is bad because it's GMO and it will harm you is just ignorant. And once again, the way he presents it = douchey. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I thought the only thing about GMO products were that they don't have as much nutrition as normally produced foods and that's why we need to consume more = they make more money. But then again I haven't read upon it so I'm probably wrong.

The only thing I thought was "ignorant" or whatever you wanna call it, with his post is that he right away assuming that watermelons without seeds are automatically GMO, which is obviously not the case Watermelons grow differently and are being "planted" differently depending on where in the world they grow (don't mean GMO). But then again, I might be wrong

Old Post 12-12-2017 08:27 PM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
purple18

quote:
I thought the only thing about GMO products were that they don't have as much nutrition as normally produced foods and that's why we need to consume more = they make more money. But then again I haven't read upon it so I'm probably wrong.

The only thing I thought was "ignorant" or whatever you wanna call it, with his post is that he right away assuming that watermelons without seeds are automatically GMO, which is obviously not the case Watermelons grow differently and are being "planted" differently depending on where in the world they grow (don't mean GMO). But then again, I might be wrong

hmm i haven't heard that yet about GMO but it doesn't sound logical, the point of it is to make "better" food. I highly doubt the point would be to profit out of it. As Döme said, a lot of people dont understand that this has been going on for centuries, otherwise we wouldn't have nutritious and tasty fruits and veggies and in this way seedless watermelons are probably the product of genetic modifications too.

What i am saying is that to say that a watermelon is bad because it's been genetically modified to be seedless is stupid because it is essentially something that makes a watermelon better (at least i dont like to eat the seeds!) and does not make it bad in any way.

Old Post 12-12-2017 09:49 PM
» Dani

So I googled quickly because I’m about to hit bed but I donno what kind of source that is though. But I know I’ve read, heard or whatever about this that’s why I kind of thought what I did. Also, in this world we live in it’s almost never about quality it’s about quantity. When it comes to a lot of things. Don’t forget that we live in a world of consumption.

https://www.whataboutwatermelon.com...ess-watermelon/

http://enhs.umn.edu/current/5103/gm/harmful.html (scroll down to nutritions).

Old Post 12-12-2017 10:03 PM
purple18

quote:
So I googled quickly because I’m about to hit bed but I donno what kind of source that is though. But I know I’ve read, heard or whatever about this that’s why I kind of thought what I did. Also, in this world we live in it’s almost never about quality it’s about quantity. When it comes to a lot of things. Don’t forget that we live in a world of consumption.

https://www.whataboutwatermelon.com...ess-watermelon/

http://enhs.umn.edu/current/5103/gm/harmful.html (scroll down to nutritions).

okay so i would like to clarify what i said earlier just for the sake of it, apparently it's not called genetic modification but breeding what i said has been going on for centuries. Apparently GMO is not that old.

I maintain that the main goal of GMO is not profit, i mean partially it may be. I dont know a lot about that. The essay you attached just says there might be potential risks and none of them are proven.

Old Post 12-12-2017 10:20 PM
» Dani

https://www.google.se/amp/s/article...al-content.aspx

I donno. I honestly don’t care either. I’m gonna die anyway one day and I eat what I like and what tastes better. I prefer seedless (GMO) grapes and I prefer Watermelon with seeds just because I grew up eating them and they are more delicious that the ones with seeds. I always usually buy organic stuff too because I think it tastes better. For example organic tomatoes taste like normal tomatoes did when I was a kid. GMO tomatoes tastes nothing, they are just big and watery. Anyway, I’m happy this is brought up to discussion both by Carey and here

Last edited by » Dani on 12-12-2017 at 10:34 PM

Old Post 12-12-2017 10:32 PM
toooldtoosmall
#1 Single Level

Late to the party as usual ...love the video....she looks amazing...fiancee says to me " did you see his boner ? " ...i'm like " there was a guy in the video ? " ;-) ....i started reading this thread but got lost somewhere between watermelons and astrology....

Old Post 12-13-2017 12:40 AM
toooldtoosmall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toooldtoosmall Click here to Send toooldtoosmall a Private Message Find more posts by toooldtoosmall Add toooldtoosmall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
purple18

quote:
https://www.google.se/amp/s/article...al-content.aspx

I donno. I honestly don’t care either. I’m gonna die anyway one day and I eat what I like and what tastes better. I prefer seedless (GMO) grapes and I prefer Watermelon with seeds just because I grew up eating them and they are more delicious that the ones with seeds. I always usually buy organic stuff too because I think it tastes better. For example organic tomatoes taste like normal tomatoes did when I was a kid. GMO tomatoes tastes nothing, they are just big and watery. Anyway, I’m happy this is brought up to discussion both by Carey and here

but you know, this is the normal approach. We just gotta live our lives and not get hung up on every potential thing that's gonna kill us because that life is miserable. If you get angry about a seedless watermelon, you are probably too angry in general lol.

About the tomatoes. Here organic stuff is not that widespread unfortunately so I never buy the big ones anyway, try the small (almost ****tail-sized) plum-shaped ones if you have them

So now this thread is turning into a grocery shopping advice

Old Post 12-13-2017 06:28 AM
» Dani

quote:
but you know, this is the normal approach. We just gotta live our lives and not get hung up on every potential thing that's gonna kill us because that life is miserable. If you get angry about a seedless watermelon, you are probably too angry in general lol.

About the tomatoes. Here organic stuff is not that widespread unfortunately so I never buy the big ones anyway, try the small (almost ****tail-sized) plum-shaped ones if you have them

Yessss I LOVE those. I always buy them too they are so sweet and yummy!

Haha, yeah he seems like a guy that can get pissed off easily on social media. But we all have our weak spots maybe that’s just his

Haha. Yeah, this thread is lol😂

Old Post 12-13-2017 06:36 AM
N@tasha

quote:

I took it he was delighted about the watermelon.. more than he was angry.

About apparently supporting their current president... i think he has said many times that both choices was sh&t... not that i am defending him, or anything... i don't even read everything that he posts so i can't actually judge. I feel uncomfortable that we are talking about him here tho, what he says or does is his thing, and i don't think we can judge him by his posts.

Some people here have misjudged me many times on social networks, where i sometimes may come up as ignorant or mad, when i am actually just fumed at the particular moment, or sarcastic... so take everything lightly.

Old Post 12-13-2017 11:10 AM
N@tasha is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N@tasha Click here to Send N@tasha a Private Message Find more posts by N@tasha Add N@tasha to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlrightSir

quote:

Hungary is nowhere ideal to grow tomatos. Sweden is even worse. Poor us because tomatos are so damn tasteful in the Mediterrean. I remember I didn't like tomato as a kid until I tasted one in south Croatia which was grown in the backyard of our apartment. It was HEAVEN. Then I ate even better in Santorini and since then no tomato is good enough in Hungary for me.

Old Post 12-13-2017 11:13 AM
AlrightSir is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlrightSir Click here to Send AlrightSir a Private Message Find more posts by AlrightSir Add AlrightSir to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N@tasha

quote:
Originally posted by AlrightSir
Hungary is nowhere ideal to grow tomatos. Sweden is even worse. Poor us because tomatos are so damn tasteful in the Mediterrean. I remember I didn't like tomato as a kid until I tasted one in south Croatia which was grown in the backyard of our apartment. It was HEAVEN. Then I ate even better in Santorini and since then no tomato is good enough in Hungary for me.
We have great organic food too... people plant and grow everything like crazy and it's tasty... but these last 2-3 years there is a huge air pollution and god only knows what we eat. I don't like GMO food, but lately we can't be exactly sure what is GMO and what is not.

Old Post 12-13-2017 11:17 AM
N@tasha is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N@tasha Click here to Send N@tasha a Private Message Find more posts by N@tasha Add N@tasha to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote