Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > On The Inside... > Chat Forum > the thinking thread Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Pages (639): « First ... « 630 631 [632] 633 634 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Little_Peculiar
Triple Platinum Record Level

quote:
Originally posted by Little_Peculiar
You know, it feels really weird. It sort of feel like time stopped here, media talks about nothing but the events in Stockholm the 7th. Its all people talk about, its all over social media, pictures of flowers and police cars etc.
But, all the content from else where but Sweden in my social media feeds its like nothing ever happened. Its like people havent heard. And i get it i guess, only 4 people (and a dog named Iggy) lost their lives and it happened in a country not many relate to. But still. Its odd to experience it from this side of the story.

Its become very personal.

To know names and stories about the people who lost their lives. To know one of them was an 11 year old girl on her way to meet up with her mom after school.
To know that Iggy, the dog, was a rescue adopted from Ireland.

**** got real.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-10-2017 05:08 PM
Little_Peculiar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Little_Peculiar Click here to Send Little_Peculiar a Private Message Find more posts by Little_Peculiar Add Little_Peculiar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
boink

quote:
You know, it feels really weird. It sort of feel like time stopped here, media talks about nothing but the events in Stockholm the 7th. Its all people talk about, its all over social media, pictures of flowers and police cars etc.
But, all the content from else where but Sweden in my social media feeds its like nothing ever happened. Its like people havent heard. And i get it i guess, only 4 people (and a dog named Iggy) lost their lives and it happened in a country not many relate to. But still. Its odd to experience it from this side of the story.

Dunno, it's still in the news here in Germany.
But of course the stupid media around the globe had to fall for Trump's bullsh't distraction to attack an air field in Syria that was fully operational after the attack. Epic facepalm. War sells, even more than terror attacks. Sad.

Old Post 04-10-2017 05:19 PM
boink is offline Click Here to See the Profile for boink Click here to Send boink a Private Message Find more posts by boink Add boink to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Little_Peculiar

quote:
Originally posted by boink
Dunno, it's still in the news here in Germany.
But of course the stupid media around the globe had to fall for Trump's bullsh't distraction to attack an air field in Syria that was fully operational after the attack. Epic facepalm. War sells, even more than terror attacks. Sad.

Well everything else is still relevant, its just weird to see the huge difference on social media between the Swedes i follow and the rest.

Old Post 04-10-2017 06:00 PM
Little_Peculiar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Little_Peculiar Click here to Send Little_Peculiar a Private Message Find more posts by Little_Peculiar Add Little_Peculiar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
boink

quote:
Well everything else is still relevant, its just weird to see the huge difference on social media between the Swedes i follow and the rest.

Well, could be people are still shocked that it happened, so it'll take some time to realize it, and the impact it has. Also depends on the further investigation of the suspect, etc. We'll see where it'll go.

Old Post 04-10-2017 06:44 PM
boink is offline Click Here to See the Profile for boink Click here to Send boink a Private Message Find more posts by boink Add boink to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlrightSir

How can you drag someone out of suicidal thoughts? She's been saying for 2 years now because "the love of her life" actually has a family and doesn't want more than sex, and she keeps saying that she'll be gone because he is ALL what matters for her and the only reason to live in this world.

I tried to speak nicely, I shouted, I asked for help but nothing helps for months, years. She poisoned every relationship of hers in the family and she only have one friend. She has tunnel vision and no matter what you say to her, she will transform it into something negative about her. She does some nature healing thing (some Asian culture thing) but can't use for God's sake even if she's been learning it for 3 years now. She lives in this fantasy because she saw her "previous lives" and "they were always together" and that's why she literally can't think outside of him.

What can I do? I'm basically her last person besides that friend whom didn't make hate her.

Old Post 04-20-2017 10:32 PM
AlrightSir is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlrightSir Click here to Send AlrightSir a Private Message Find more posts by AlrightSir Add AlrightSir to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dani

quote:
Originally posted by AlrightSir
How can you drag someone out of suicidal thoughts? She's been saying for 2 years now because "the love of her life" actually has a family and doesn't want more than sex, and she keeps saying that she'll be gone because he is ALL what matters for her and the only reason to live in this world.

I tried to speak nicely, I shouted, I asked for help but nothing helps for months, years. She poisoned every relationship of hers in the family and she only have one friend. She has tunnel vision and no matter what you say to her, she will transform it into something negative about her. She does some nature healing thing (some Asian culture thing) but can't use for God's sake even if she's been learning it for 3 years now. She lives in this fantasy because she saw her "previous lives" and "they were always together" and that's why she literally can't think outside of him.

What can I do? I'm basically her last person besides that friend whom didn't make hate her.

Make her see a psychiatrist. You can't help or change her

Old Post 05-04-2017 11:12 PM
 Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for  Dani Click here to Send  Dani a Private Message Visit  Dani's homepage! Find more posts by  Dani Add  Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dani

I feel like writing P a letter. She never answered me before but I know she read at least half of them. And somehow it would help me right now in so many ways. I miss her. Her love songs finally make so much sense. Life is so strange. How can something that should be so simple be so difficult and hurtful! How much more can I take. Why does it all feel so worth it even when it feels so effin hard so often! ***k!!!

Old Post 05-04-2017 11:16 PM
 Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for  Dani Click here to Send  Dani a Private Message Visit  Dani's homepage! Find more posts by  Dani Add  Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
boink

quote:
Originally posted by Dani
I feel like writing P a letter. She never answered me before but I know she read at least half of them. And somehow it would help me right now in so many ways. I miss her. Her love songs finally make so much sense. Life is so strange. How can something that should be so simple be so difficult and hurtful! How much more can I take. Why does it all feel so worth it even when it feels so effin hard so often! ***k!!!

You ok? *hugs*

Old Post 05-05-2017 10:15 AM
Dani

quote:
You ok? *hugs*

Not really.

Old Post 05-05-2017 10:27 AM
boink

quote:
Not really.

*hugs* What's up? Oh well, not my business, nevermind.

Old Post 05-05-2017 11:25 AM
Dani

quote:
*hugs* What's up? Oh well, not my business, nevermind.

Lets say I'm in a complicated relationship. It's full of love but also very hard in more than one way. We're so much alike and react exactly the same way, which makes things very ehm... poff, boom, bang, huge! I can't explain it here cause it'd be a book long, but it's something like True love, Leave me a lone I'm lonely and Just give me a reason, haha.

Old Post 05-05-2017 11:44 AM
boink

quote:
Lets say I'm in a complicated relationship. It's full of love but also very hard in more than one way. We're so much alike and react exactly the same way, which makes things very ehm... poff, boom, bang, huge! I can't explain it here cause it'd be a book long, but it's something like True love, Leave me a lone I'm lonely and Just give me a reason, haha.

Well, no one ever said relationships are easy. All the best. ♥

Last edited by boink on 05-07-2017 at 07:06 PM

Old Post 05-07-2017 07:03 PM
boink

Vive la France!

Old Post 05-07-2017 07:04 PM
Dani

quote:
Well, no one ever said relationsships are easy. All the best. ♥

I know. It just sucks bad sometimes but it's amazing most of the time at least. Thanks ❤

Old Post 05-07-2017 07:05 PM
purple18

Chris Cornell

Old Post 05-18-2017 09:30 AM
purple18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for purple18 Click here to Send purple18 a Private Message Find more posts by purple18 Add purple18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote