Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > long way 2 happy
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
f**ker
Major Label Level

quote:
Originally posted by CrazySometh!ng
The song doesn't necessarily have to be about Pink.

I think she said many times that it was about her

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-23-2007 03:23 PM
f**ker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for f**ker Click here to Send f**ker a Private Message Find more posts by f**ker Add f**ker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CrazySometh!ng
Triple Platinum Record Level

quote:
Originally posted by f**ker
I think she said many times that it was about her

Did she really? Cause I have never heard Pink talking about the song.

Old Post 12-23-2007 03:25 PM
CrazySometh!ng is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CrazySometh!ng Click here to Send CrazySometh!ng a Private Message Find more posts by CrazySometh!ng Add CrazySometh!ng to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
f**ker
Major Label Level

quote:
Did she really? Cause I have never heard Pink talking about the song.

I heard it like 2 times but I watched to many interviews to tell u in which one was it

Old Post 12-23-2007 03:28 PM
f**ker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for f**ker Click here to Send f**ker a Private Message Find more posts by f**ker Add f**ker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hollie
Platinum Level

ye i very strongly believe its to do with all this being said...

however - there was one interview - a magazine interview whereby she mentioned it was about childhood abuse? and that she wrote it originally as a poem when she was 13. and then expanded on the poem - to make it a song - Long Way To Happy. - And thats what she said. So ye. I believe somethin happened to her...x x

and i write alot. and from my personal experience.
you don't write that stuff - unless you've felt it... x

Old Post 12-23-2007 03:46 PM
Hollie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hollie Click here to Send Hollie a Private Message Visit Hollie's homepage! Find more posts by Hollie Add Hollie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CrazySometh!ng

quote:
Originally posted by Hollie
y
and i write alot. and from my personal experience.
you don't write that stuff - unless you've felt it... x

That's true. But one can also write from what others have experienced.

Old Post 12-23-2007 04:05 PM
CrazySometh!ng is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CrazySometh!ng Click here to Send CrazySometh!ng a Private Message Find more posts by CrazySometh!ng Add CrazySometh!ng to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hollie
Platinum Level

here i found the interview to prove what i just posted...

Long way to happy is an intense recollection of childhood abuse, based on a poem she wrote when she was 13.

'I keep all my journals, because every time I start a new album I think I have nothing to contribute to the world and I think I suck and what if I can´t sing and black, blah blah blah,' says Pink.
She writes in her journal to this day, and carries the old ones round with her. On her first day in the studio with new collaborator Butch Walker she was going through them.
'It´s always hard when you meet somebody new to be like, hey here´s my blood, taste it, let´s work together,' she cackles.
But she let Walker read the poem Long way to happy, and he insisted they turn it into a song.

Is it true, that by discussing these old emotional issues, closure comes?
'Yep,' says Pink.
Her brother Jason came to see her once in concert in Dallas. She dedicated Family Portrait to him.
'He was in the 10th row and I was onstage and we were both sharing a moment. After I wrote that song I was happier, and I was happier after my parents heard it. Unfortunately it´s like 5 minutes,' she says breezily.
'You write a song, and you´re like, fvck that felt really good. I´m glad I got that out. Then your family hear it and they´re like I can´t believe you were so affected! And they wanna talk about it for months.'
'I´m like, it´s done! But anyway. It´s over. Long way to happy is out there. Somebody, somewhere will relate to it. And I won´t feel embarassed to talk about it.'

hope this helps.

Old Post 12-23-2007 04:39 PM
Hollie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hollie Click here to Send Hollie a Private Message Visit Hollie's homepage! Find more posts by Hollie Add Hollie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PinkLizz
2nd Grammy Level

quote:
Originally posted by Hollie
here i found the interview to prove what i just posted...

Long way to happy is an intense recollection of childhood abuse, based on a poem she wrote when she was 13.

'I keep all my journals, because every time I start a new album I think I have nothing to contribute to the world and I think I suck and what if I can´t sing and black, blah blah blah,' says Pink.
She writes in her journal to this day, and carries the old ones round with her. On her first day in the studio with new collaborator Butch Walker she was going through them.
'It´s always hard when you meet somebody new to be like, hey here´s my blood, taste it, let´s work together,' she cackles.
But she let Walker read the poem Long way to happy, and he insisted they turn it into a song.

Is it true, that by discussing these old emotional issues, closure comes?
'Yep,' says Pink.
Her brother Jason came to see her once in concert in Dallas. She dedicated Family Portrait to him.
'He was in the 10th row and I was onstage and we were both sharing a moment. After I wrote that song I was happier, and I was happier after my parents heard it. Unfortunately it´s like 5 minutes,' she says breezily.
'You write a song, and you´re like, fvck that felt really good. I´m glad I got that out. Then your family hear it and they´re like I can´t believe you were so affected! And they wanna talk about it for months.'
'I´m like, it´s done! But anyway. It´s over. Long way to happy is out there. Somebody, somewhere will relate to it. And I won´t feel embarassed to talk about it.'

hope this helps.

Yeah I remember this, but I also remember her saying in an interview it was about different kinds of abuse, that a lot of people around her had been abused, including her. The person who interviewed her didn't really get into that. It could be about her in a abusive relationship, and the rape of maybe a friend? I'm only speculating her, hoping the raping thing didn't happen to her. (not that I say it's better if a friend got raped)

Old Post 12-23-2007 05:00 PM
PinkLizz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PinkLizz Click here to Send PinkLizz a Private Message Visit PinkLizz's homepage! Find more posts by PinkLizz Add PinkLizz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CrazySometh!ng

Thanks! Yeah, I've read quite some interviews where she talked about it...but I'd much rather like to HEAR it directly from herself.

Old Post 12-23-2007 05:00 PM
CrazySometh!ng

quote:
Originally posted by PinkLizz
Yeah I remember this, but I also remember her saying in an interview it was about different kinds of abuse, that a lot of people around her had been abused, including her. The person who interviewed her didn't really get into that. It could be about her in a abusive relationship, and the rape of maybe a friend? I'm only speculating her, hoping the raping thing didn't happen to her. (not that I say it's better if a friend get raped)

I think I know which interview you are talking about. It was the one before the Flashmob concert in NYC, wasn't it?

Old Post 12-23-2007 05:02 PM
Discordia
Platinum Level

she talked about it in the may 2006 seventeen magazine interview.

17: why did you want to make long way to happy the song about an abusive relationship?
P: because i've seen how painful it can be to be abused and how it affects your entire life, and you never truely get away from it. it's the whole feeling of being taken advantage of. you can just be completely ripped apart.
17: why does it happen so often to young women?
P: because we all just wanna be loved. i mean, i don't know why there's so much abuse in the world, i really don't. but i have friends who have been molested by family members, i have friends who have been raped. i have, you know, i've my own ****. it's just painful.
17: did a guy abuse you when you were younger?
P: yeah, absolutely.
17: do you wanna talk about that?
P: not really. *laughs*. honestly the coolest thing is, i don't regret a single thing i've ever done or that has ever happened to me, because i've this platform to talk about it and shre it with people, and i am so strong because of it and so much wiser, and i know better now that i wouldn't take any of it back.

Old Post 12-23-2007 05:24 PM
Discordia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Discordia Click here to Send Discordia a Private Message Find more posts by Discordia Add Discordia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
קEDATED×

LWTH is one of my all time favs, too bad it's not a single

Old Post 12-23-2007 05:51 PM
קEDATED× is offline Click Here to See the Profile for קEDATED× Click here to Send קEDATED× a Private Message Find more posts by קEDATED× Add קEDATED× to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
f**ker
Major Label Level

quote:
I think I know which interview you are talking about. It was the one before the Flashmob concert in NYC, wasn't it?

is this a video interview? Do u have it?

Old Post 12-23-2007 05:51 PM
PinkLizz
2nd Grammy Level

quote:

I don't know, it could be.

to f**ker: yes it is a video, but I don't have it. Maybe someone else??

Old Post 12-23-2007 05:54 PM
PinkLizz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PinkLizz Click here to Send PinkLizz a Private Message Visit PinkLizz's homepage! Find more posts by PinkLizz Add PinkLizz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hollie
Platinum Level

quote:
Originally posted by PinkLizz
I don't know, it could be.

to f**ker: yes it is a video, but I don't have it. Maybe someone else??

do you know what show it was?? or what channel it was on etc?

and 2bh. i think p!nk has been abused in a lot of ways. i mean, she did drugs too. and not to generalise, but i have friends who have done drugs etc. and they always want something more than just they're money in return if you get me and with all of them it's happened. and so 2bh theres a lot of **** that comes with drugs that her herself has probably seen a lot of too - and experienced. I just thinklistening to her stories, her childhood, her past, listening to what she says in interviews - the whole tough girl image. everything. listening to her music. you know that people have hurt her... x it's always the nicest of people. who dont deserve it... x

Last edited by Hollie on 12-23-2007 at 06:49 PM

Old Post 12-23-2007 06:47 PM
unique_jana2
Banned for cussing

referring to the interviews posted above I don't think she was raped I think it was some friend of her, because she said she's seen life getting torn, but isn't really afraid to say she had an abusive bf, so if it was her, I bet she'd tell
but still I never really got myself to thinking what that song is about, now that I know the direction, I love it even more than before...and once more it just proves that each song of her has a meaning and that you can make beautiful music with that. to those saying you can't give a deep meaning to every song you write, well that's just an excuse for them to say they lack of talent

Last edited by unique_jana2 on 12-23-2007 at 08:28 PM

Old Post 12-23-2007 08:26 PM
unique_jana2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for unique_jana2 Click here to Send unique_jana2 a Private Message Find more posts by unique_jana2 Add unique_jana2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote