Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > Her latest Instagram post about the shooting.
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
» Dani

Her latest Instagram post about the shooting.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfNOGc1FMfk/?taken-by=pink

What? She agrees on gun legalisation? Or am I missing something? Isn't the problem that there are too many guns in America? This combined with people with bad mental health I'm confused

Guns are illegal here unless you have a license, which is almost impossible to get, and we haven't had a school shooting here even once since like 1960. We did have some star wars dude going bananas with a sword stabbing people about three years ago, that's it. OK Sweden is no where near America to size but still. Not much is happening here with guns.

What are people thinking when they think that guns should be legalized? That it would prevent these school shootings? Should kids carry a gun to protect themselves from these psychos? Or should the teachers? What's the argument? How would things get better with more guns? And what do you guys think that Pink thinks about this reposting that picture? I don't think I'm following.

Last edited by » Dani on 02-15-2018 at 08:42 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-15-2018 08:39 AM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grenno
Triple Platinum Record Level

It says legislation. Not legalization.

Old Post 02-15-2018 09:10 AM
grenno is offline Click Here to See the Profile for grenno Click here to Send grenno a Private Message Visit grenno's homepage! Find more posts by grenno Add grenno to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

quote:
Originally posted by grenno
It says legislation. Not legalization.

Ohhh see. I don't function in the mornings

But what does "common sense gun-safety" mean anyway? To me it sounds like it should be ok to use guns to protect yourself and others from these sick people.

Old Post 02-15-2018 09:15 AM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grenno

quote:
Originally posted by » Dani
Ohhh see. I don't function in the mornings

But what does "common sense gun-safety" mean anyway? To me it sounds like it should be ok to use guns to protect yourself and others from these sick people.

Probably implement a law that is more in line with what you described for Sweden: you need a licence and need to really show for it if you want it. No mental health issues, knowing how and when to use it, how to lock it away properly, etc. ... I think that kind of stuff.

It's just sad that this has happened a lot and just too many times and everyone's up in arms about it and in the end nothing is done about it.

Old Post 02-15-2018 09:26 AM
grenno is offline Click Here to See the Profile for grenno Click here to Send grenno a Private Message Visit grenno's homepage! Find more posts by grenno Add grenno to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

quote:
Originally posted by grenno
Probably implement a law that is more in line with what you described for Sweden: you need a licence and need to really show for it if you want it. No mental health issues, knowing how and when to use it, how to lock it away properly, etc. ... I think that kind of stuff.

It's just sad that this has happened a lot and just too many times and everyone's up in arms about it and in the end nothing is done about it.

Okay good. Hope you’re right! I was like wow first thing ever that I disagree with her on, how cool lol.

So tragic this whole thing. School should be a safe place ❤️

Old Post 02-15-2018 09:36 AM
» Dani

Just saw this tweet. A swede was in Florida and took this pic of a magazine stand in the local grocery store. Hmm. https://twitter.com/WayneSeretis/st...056630966046720

Old Post 02-15-2018 09:43 AM
AlrightSir

Obviously they won't make the guns harder to get because it would make less money. They give zero **** about who dies if it's good for the business. It's sickening. America is all about money and no one really cares what's the price.

And it's sickening that Carey usually posts his pro-gun comments and arguing with people who disagree on IG. Okay I get it makes you feel more masculine and the king of your land but any American should tell me one thing: WHY do you NEED guns? What for? If you're a hunter - ok. If you're working in the security territory - ok. But for hobby? For showing off? For blatant reasons like "protect my children and my house". What is this massive obsession with guns and wars?

It's pretty disturbing that they don't do anything about it while innnocent, mostly young people are dying from it.

Last edited by AlrightSir on 02-15-2018 at 01:37 PM

Old Post 02-15-2018 10:15 AM
AlrightSir is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlrightSir Click here to Send AlrightSir a Private Message Find more posts by AlrightSir Add AlrightSir to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doogie HAWES'er
2nd Grammy Level

It’s hard, since the right to bear arms is a constitutional right here.
No gun owners are going to willingly give up their guns.
They also argue that “taking guns away from the law abiding citizens does not stop criminals”.....

I loved this town hall q&a speech Obama did where he answered the question about why should the good guys be punished / and to explain why there are higher crime rates in some cities with the strictest laws.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6imFvSua3Kg

Obama was a wonderful speaker, so much more than our current president.
Obama hits the nail on the head perfectly in everything he is saying here.....

Old Post 02-15-2018 11:07 AM
Doogie HAWES'er is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doogie HAWES'er Click here to Send Doogie HAWES'er a Private Message Find more posts by Doogie HAWES'er Add Doogie HAWES'er to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doogie HAWES'er
2nd Grammy Level

Also, I don’t think Carey is ok with watching the news every day and seeing shooting after shooting.

I’m sure Carey is one of the responsible gun owners out there. And I think he’d argue that taking guns away from responsible people like him wouldn’t solve the problem at all....

There are decent arguments on both side,
And I can’t discredit everything the pro-gun peoples say.

However, if it were up to me, and there was some way to magically wipe out all the guns, I’d do it.
I have no love for the things....

Old Post 02-15-2018 11:19 AM
Doogie HAWES'er is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doogie HAWES'er Click here to Send Doogie HAWES'er a Private Message Find more posts by Doogie HAWES'er Add Doogie HAWES'er to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doogie HAWES'er
2nd Grammy Level

quote:
Just saw this tweet. A swede was in Florida and took this pic of a magazine stand in the local grocery store. Hmm. https://twitter.com/WayneSeretis/st...056630966046720

Yup..... all over the place.

Old Post 02-15-2018 11:23 AM
» Dani

quote:
Originally posted by Doogie HAWES'er
Yup..... all over the place.

Me, watching this, reading things and hearing about these shootings and living in a country like Sweden, I would say America has a sick obsession with guns. That's just the way this looks to me, as an "outsider".

Old Post 02-15-2018 11:44 AM
» Dani

quote:
Originally posted by Doogie HAWES'er
I’m sure Carey is one of the responsible gun owners out there. And I think he’d argue that taking guns away from responsible people like him wouldn’t solve the problem at all....

Obviously that is what isn't working properly. "Responsible guys" and "not responsible guys". The only people that should be armed is the people who work with keeping our countries safe and hunters for the obvious reason. I don't see a reason why it would be necessary for anyone else to have a gun. Here, even carrying a knife in public is illegal. OF COURSE some people don't care about what's legal/illegal that's why they find their way to get weapons and kill in the first place, but would they be as many if gun/weapon law was a little different in America?

Old Post 02-15-2018 12:41 PM
boink

Dear USA,
ordinary people shouldn't own military grade weapons.
Thanks for your understanding.

Old Post 02-15-2018 01:07 PM
boink is offline Click Here to See the Profile for boink Click here to Send boink a Private Message Find more posts by boink Add boink to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kr@zy4P!nk

quote:
Originally posted by boink
Dear USA,
ordinary people shouldn't own military grade weapons.
Thanks for your understanding.

+1

Old Post 02-15-2018 01:42 PM
Kr@zy4P!nk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kr@zy4P!nk Click here to Send Kr@zy4P!nk a Private Message Find more posts by Kr@zy4P!nk Add Kr@zy4P!nk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlrightSir

quote:
Obviously that is what isn't working properly. "Responsible guys" and "not responsible guys". The only people that should be armed is the people who work with keeping our countries safe and hunters for the obvious reason. I don't see a reason why it would be necessary for anyone else to have a gun. Here, even carrying a knife in public is illegal. OF COURSE some people don't care about what's legal/illegal that's why they find their way to get weapons and kill in the first place, but would they be as many if gun/weapon law was a little different in America?
Exactly. If it was way harder to get a gun a lot of these cases wouldn't happen. Kids can't go home, grab their guns and go back to school because they feel angry. And yes, killers can find a way or use another weapon but it wouldn't be that easy and the damage would be less. I'm sure 99% of the people don't have the mental state to own and handle a gun. You can trigger easily and kill a lot of people quickly. And the fact that it's legal and protected by the goverment truly shows what America's general mindset is about.

Old Post 02-15-2018 01:45 PM
AlrightSir is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlrightSir Click here to Send AlrightSir a Private Message Find more posts by AlrightSir Add AlrightSir to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote