Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > Pink and Ticketmaster.
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
» Dani

Pink and Ticketmaster.

I mean we all know something is not right with Ticketmaster (and Axs). Somewhere. Somehow. And I can't just let it be when I sense bull**** no matter how hard I try. And especially when we all are affected by it more or less. And reading all those FB threads in groups where people are heartbroken and mad that "Pink has made these prices so high" "we are so disappointed in you Pink", etc etc.

So I wrote this to Ticketmaster on their Twitter and got these replies. Can we somehow do this together? I think we deserve answers. I can't believe they are still getting away with it and no one's doing anything. Why is that? Hmmm.... it's a question to think about too, no? Or am I completely just plain stupid now? I'm really open for suggestions - I just want to know how they work and I want the truth. And if they can't even give us that, then isn't it simply obvious that they themselves think they are bull****ting us?

Discuss and give me suggestions on how we can get facts together.

Attachment: 123.jpg
This has been downloaded 228 time(s).

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-29-2017 09:44 AM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nooneanymore
Triple Platinum Record Level

good initiative!! I completely agree, I think they should be held accountable. But they won't unless people demand them too. If even then. If enough people are mobilized it could happen. Then it could get more publicity too.

If we would write some simple e-mail template that people could just copy and maybe edit a little and send out? Like petitions. This could be shared in the fb groups where everyone is upset, maybe a whole bunch would send them out.

I can retweet your tweet and tweet them myself but I use my twitter very seldom and don't have many followers.

Old Post 12-29-2017 12:14 PM
nooneanymore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nooneanymore Click here to Send nooneanymore a Private Message Find more posts by nooneanymore Add nooneanymore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

quote:
Originally posted by nooneanymore
good initiative!! I completely agree, I think they should be held accountable. But they won't unless people demand them too. If even then. If enough people are mobilized it could happen. Then it could get more publicity too.

If we would write some simple e-mail template that people could just copy and maybe edit a little and send out? Like petitions. This could be shared in the fb groups where everyone is upset, maybe a whole bunch would send them out.

I can retweet your tweet and tweet them myself but I use my twitter very seldom and don't have many followers.

Thanks! Wait with the RT until we have a plan. I have good contact with the admin of a 12k Pink fan FB group which is super active, she'd help me getting it out, so that's a good idea.

Thing is, I don't wanna come off hateful or negative, I just want some answers because as it is now I feel nothing but injustice both to her devoted fans who would already pay a lot to see her, but also to her for making it seem like she's doing it. So I think we deserve some answers.

As it is now, my impression of and the way I understand all of this is that Pink and co have a price tag (that's what sets the original price per ticket) and the Ticketmaster/venue pays that to Pink and co, and then Ticketmaster/venue do what they want with the tickets as long as they do their job to sell them so they can get back the money they paid Pink and even earn more. So to make it all look good, they sell just a few percent of tickets per category for the original price, and the rest as Ticketmaster's premium seats for at least $1000 more, "because ticket touts and reselling sites shouldn't scam the fans", which in fact is just plain bull**** because the reselling sites get tickets from Ticketmaster to sell as high as possible (since they get 90% of the tickets - anyone can see that!). And if these reselling sites don't sell, tickets will get back to Ticketmaster again and they will release them later because they "kept some for us fans to be released later so we wouldn't be scammed", soOoooo nice aweeee. And also the reason they are not transparent with how they work with this (see picture above) is because people wouldn't buy tickets from reselling sites but they'd instead wait it all out til prices came down again and through Ticketmaster. Which is a loss for everyone. Even for Pink. Because she wouldn't sell out within 5 minutes and be able to add one more date. I know it's money and I don't blame anyone for wanting to make a business and keep the cash flowing, but I think this is dirty business. And I won't change my mind until they open their mounts and tell us the truth no matter what the truth is. Maybe I am 100% wrong about all this, but this is what my impression is and what my gut feeling is after putting all pieces together. Plus, it's just encouraging other people who wanna make fast cash too. I wouldn't in a million years think of selling my original price 3x$425 tickets for 3x$2 000 just to make a buck of it. When it comes to music and dedication there's no money in the picture, and somehow we need to feel that coming back from the other side too. In a real and honest way. It's not enough with a presale code that everyone gets which doesn't get us anywhere.

Last edited by » Dani on 12-29-2017 at 01:01 PM

Old Post 12-29-2017 12:48 PM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

I just got a reply from a person that works for the Swedish national TV4 programme called Kalla fakta (an investigative swedish TV-show equivalent to BBC Panorama or PBS Frontline) and he just got back to me asking me if I can provide him more stuff and materials concerning this. So I'm gonna write him an email with everything I have and everything I think without mentioning Pink of course, so they can look into it if they want and feel like. Anyone from here wanna add something to this, please PM me or email me at danifranjkovic@gmail.com

Also this made me do some research. And there is a lot of articles about Ticketmaster scamming fans. For example there was a new ticket sales fan program that Taylor Swift did and she got so much **** for. Google it.

Also from this article http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38131028

"In Italy, the country's lawmakers have moved to ban secondary ticketing, after a media investigation found evidence that Live Nation Italy was selling thousands of tickets directly on Viagogo at higher prices.

In a previous statement to Billboard Magazine, Live Nation Italy said the allegations related to a "small number of tickets, for a handful of international artists".

Neither Viagogo or Live Nation UK have responded to repeated requests for a statement.

Andy Inglis, an artist manager from 5000 management, called the practice "morally bankrupt".

"I just think artists should answer to their fans more," he said.

"There should be more accountability.

"But I guess when the artists get bigger, they are more removed from their fans.

"So I think you can more easily set aside your ethics and charge what you want."

Last edited by » Dani on 12-29-2017 at 03:18 PM

Old Post 12-29-2017 02:44 PM
Donna

100% with ya on this. It sucks they are the only suppliers of tix here in Ireland then when they "sell out" seatwave have them for scandalous prices. Didn't ed sheran do something for his fans to block this.

Old Post 12-29-2017 04:33 PM
Donna is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donna Click here to Send Donna a Private Message Visit Donna's homepage! Find more posts by Donna Add Donna to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
*CiaraDublin89*
Double Platinum

Dani, could you add this story for me.
2 years ago buying tickets for a show, I wanted to buy meet and greet seatts including merchandise with garinteed row 1-5 I was trying to buy them the moment they went on sale, only back row nose bleed seats available, so I was redirected to Ticketmaster’s sister website and I paid crazy money for row 11 more expensive than the meet and greet except I only have a seat. To make matters worse, hours later I rechecked ticket master and all of a sudden they had seats available for row 1 and 2 evin though the whole time I was looking for "best available" it was keeping seats out of the pool to sell the Worce seats first

Old Post 12-29-2017 05:52 PM
*CiaraDublin89* is offline Click Here to See the Profile for *CiaraDublin89* Click here to Send *CiaraDublin89* a Private Message Find more posts by *CiaraDublin89* Add *CiaraDublin89* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lettya
Major Label Level

Hey Dani,
I'm in if you need me...

Old Post 12-30-2017 07:26 AM
Lettya is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lettya Click here to Send Lettya a Private Message Visit Lettya's homepage! Find more posts by Lettya Add Lettya to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nooneanymore

quote:
Originally posted by » Dani
I just got a reply from a person that works for the Swedish national TV4 programme called Kalla fakta (an investigative swedish TV-show equivalent to BBC Panorama or PBS Frontline) and he just got back to me asking me if I can provide him more stuff and materials concerning this. So I'm gonna write him an email with everything I have and everything I think without mentioning Pink of course, so they can look into it if they want and feel like. Anyone from here wanna add something to this, please PM me or email me at danifranjkovic@gmail.com

Also this made me do some research. And there is a lot of articles about Ticketmaster scamming fans. For example there was a new ticket sales fan program that Taylor Swift did and she got so much **** for. Google it.

Yes, this is exactly what I was hoping for!! I really hope they get enough material to make an episode on this. Because this is worldwide. I completely agree with you, this is some dirty business and it makes me so upset when music is a lifesaver for so many people, and everyone should be able to experience live music. People work their butts off to afford the artist's price and the ticket sellers would make money ANYWAY.

I don't really have any more info to provide but I'd really like to know how all the sites like Seatwave, Viagogo etc. etc. work. And how can it be legal. Last year I was trying to find tickets for a sold out show and of course ViaGogo kept popping up. The seat chart kept blinking furiously saying "only 2 seats left in this category, hurry up!" but it kept on like this for days, so obviously there were many more left. I also think that the reseller sites sell tickets they don't have yet, and after you order them they go on a look out.

Old Post 12-30-2017 10:29 AM
nooneanymore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nooneanymore Click here to Send nooneanymore a Private Message Find more posts by nooneanymore Add nooneanymore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nooneanymore

I also think that the reseller sites sometimes sell tickets they don't have yet, and after you order them they go on a look out. At least it happened to me back in 2006 for P!nk's IND tour. Her Hamburg show was sold out so I ended up buying from Seatwave for over double the price (being 14, having no idea how these sites worked, how they rip off people). One day before the concert they still hadn't delivered my ticket and I was freaking out. I had ordered a standing ticket. My Dad made yet another angry call and they promised to deliver the ticket on the day of the show. I got the ticket and it was a SEATED ticket, not standing like I had ordered and payed for. I was heartbroken. They just said "well this ticket is a better ticket than the one you ordered." Not for me. Never again!

Old Post 12-30-2017 10:39 AM
blackrosefore

They were scamming us the whole time? Well. That. Sucks.

Apparently, there is no way to go to her concerts anymore without overpaying for tickets that aren't even real, or are swiped for worse seating. My parents said this was the new normal.

Ah. Well, I guess I was fortunate five years ago, to see her live.

I'm not on twitter, but honestly, twitter can only do so much.

Dani, thanks for revealing just how widespread this problem is.

This world is a complete mess.

Old Post 01-01-2018 04:38 PM
blackrosefore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blackrosefore Click here to Send blackrosefore a Private Message Find more posts by blackrosefore Add blackrosefore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

I'm not saying I'm right.

Thanks for everyone's input I'm just on to email him now.

I'll keep you updated.

Old Post 01-01-2018 07:47 PM
» Dani

Ok so Live nation owns Tickemaster, which owns Seatwave and Stubhub. Interesting.

I'm getting the whole picture now and FINE it's sales and business and money and whatever but looking at it like this, it just can't be legal. #1 it's false marketing to say that something costs a certain amount of money original price when sometimes none of the tickets are for sale for that amount. #2 I donno about how it works in other countries but here we have something called consumer legislation and that means if a show gets cancelled etc we get the money from the original price back, which in this case we won't get all of our money back if we buy it off resellers for more than original price (Seatwave or Stubhub for example) OR Ticketmasters own Premium seats. So... breaking the law, no?

Last edited by » Dani on 01-01-2018 at 08:43 PM

Old Post 01-01-2018 08:28 PM
*CiaraDublin89*
Double Platinum

quote:
Ok so Live nation owns Tickemaster, which owns Seatwave and Stubhub. Interesting.

I'm getting the whole picture now and FINE it's sales and business and money and whatever but looking at it like this, it just can't be legal. #1 it's wrong marketing to say that something costs a certain amount of money original price when sometimes none of the tickets are for sale for that amount. #2 I donno about how it works in other countries but here we have something called consumer legislation and that means if a show gets cancelled etc we get the money from the original price back, which in this case we won't if we buy it off resellers (Seatwave or Stubhub for example) OR Ticketmasters own Premium seats. So... breaking the law, no?

Well in Ireland seat wave issues refunds because it's their sister website, ticket master redirects to to seat wave... I can't speak for the other sites..

Old Post 01-01-2018 08:34 PM
*CiaraDublin89* is offline Click Here to See the Profile for *CiaraDublin89* Click here to Send *CiaraDublin89* a Private Message Find more posts by *CiaraDublin89* Add *CiaraDublin89* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

quote:
Originally posted by *CiaraDublin89*
Well in Ireland seat wave issues refunds because it's their sister website, ticket master redirects to to seat wave... I can't speak for the other sites..

I edited my post to make it more clear that I meant that we won't get the full refund, only the original price of the ticket even if we pay ten times more, no?

Old Post 01-01-2018 08:35 PM
nooneanymore

quote:
I edited my post to make it more clear that I meant that we won't get the full refund, only the original price of the ticket even if we pay ten times more, no?

Sounds very probable.

Old Post 01-01-2018 09:01 PM