Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

 

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > On The Inside... > Chat Forum > Where are you going on holidays this year?
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
purple18
Triple Platinum Record Level

Registered: Jan 2007
Location: Hungary
Posts: 14191

quote:
Originally posted by » Dani
Yeahhhhh exactly like that! I have a hard time handling my emotions as it is, haha. Imagine just being surprised like that without knowing it’s coming. I’d too probably cry my eyes out and all that weirdness when you get surprised, lol!

Awww Sarajevo! No way! I’m flying there too. My dad has a three floors house like 40 mins outside of the city, where my aunt lives too and my cousin. Going there 8th of August. It’s gonna be soooo hot. It’s like a boiling kettle there between the mountains, haha. But can’t wait to see everyone again! You’ve been there before?

surprises are the worsttt lol.

oh we love Sarajevo! we've been there twice already, both times just for one day though because we were doing a little tour of Croatia, Montenegro and Bosnia. Sarajevo is such a lovely city and the food is the best. i could kill for sogan dolma.

last year we went on a guided tour with a guy who was about 10 years old during the siege and although i knew a bit about the war it was all so interesting (but sad), everything we learned from history that wasn't even so long ago and how it still affects their lives. i didn't know you had family there

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-25-2018 11:45 AM
purple18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for purple18 Click here to Send purple18 a Private Message Find more posts by purple18 Add purple18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani
Moderator

Registered: Mar 2004
Location: Sweden.
Posts: 55247

quote:
Originally posted by purple18
surprises are the worsttt lol.

oh we love Sarajevo! we've been there twice already, both times just for one day though because we were doing a little tour of Croatia, Montenegro and Bosnia. Sarajevo is such a lovely city and the food is the best. i could kill for sogan dolma.

last year we went on a guided tour with a guy who was about 10 years old during the siege and although i knew a bit about the war it was all so interesting (but sad), everything we learned from history that wasn't even so long ago and how it still affects their lives. i didn't know you had family there



That’s nice! I had no idea

Yeah I’m born there. In a little city outside of Sarajevo called Kakanj. We lived in a village called Haljinici just outside Kakanj until the war started. My dad was forced to join the army in the war, and my mom and I packed our stuff and drove away from our house. I was 4-5 so don’t remember much except that I heard the bombs and then our dog that ran after our car when we drove off. I remember crying so much because he was my best friend. But he was left with my grandma who didn’t wanna leave her house and luckily after a few months when it had calmed, our house was in tact and everyone was fine. Loads of houses nearby were ruined and a lot of people with them. Mom and I had travelled to Croatia where we lived for like a half year without knowing where dad was or what was gonna happen to us. The war was still going on. But it all turned out good in the end and we found our way to Sweden, thank god.

I’ve heard so many horrible stories from that time. Not just from my dad in the war, but other families. It scares me how much evil there is on this earth.

My mom is a Serb and my dad Croatian and they were supposed to be “enemies”. I’m so happy they fell in love even tho it was against all “rules” and I’m happy they raised me without this mentality, dividing people by origin, color, or Family names. Loads of people we met on the way that were from there were talking ill about “the others” and I remember always asking my mom what it means and what I was, if I was this or that, and she just kept saying it doesn’t matter, we love everyone and be friends with everyone and we are all one kind and the same and nothing matters. This division of people still exists until today. Just disgusting.

Last edited by » Dani on 01-25-2018 at 12:48 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-25-2018 12:45 PM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
purple18
Triple Platinum Record Level

Registered: Jan 2007
Location: Hungary
Posts: 14191

quote:
Originally posted by » Dani
That’s nice! I had no idea

Yeah I’m born there. In a little city outside of Sarajevo called Kakanj. We lived in a village called Haljinici just outside Kakanj until the war started. My dad was forced to join the army in the war, and my mom and I packed our stuff and drove away from our house. I was 4-5 so don’t remember much except that I heard the bombs and then our dog that ran after our car when we drove off. I remember crying so much because he was my best friend. But he was left with my grandma who didn’t wanna leave her house and luckily after a few months when it had calmed, our house was in tact and everyone was fine. Loads of houses nearby were ruined and a lot of people with them. Mom and I had travelled to Croatia where we lived for like a half year without knowing where dad was or what was gonna happen to us. The war was still going on. But it all turned out good in the end and we found our way to Sweden, thank god.

I’ve heard so many horrible stories from that time. Not just from my dad in the war, but other families. It scares me how much evil there is on this earth.

My mom is a Serb and my dad Croatian and they were supposed to be “enemies”. I’m so happy they fell in love even tho it was against all “rules” and I’m happy they raised me without this mentality, dividing people by origin, color, or Family names. Loads of people we met on the way that were from there were talking ill about “the others” and I remember always asking my mom what it means and what I was, if I was this or that, and she just kept saying it doesn’t matter, we love everyone and be friends with everyone and we are all one kind and the same and nothing matters. This division of people still exists until today. Just disgusting.

wow that's crazy. i knew you were from the "general area" as in affected by the war but i didn't know the full story and about Sarajevo. those were crazy times and so so sad for tearing families apart like that and Croatians, Bosnians and Serbs all hating each other for nothing. we heard a lot of heartbreaking stories like that and it's really hard to understand or to wrap your head around it that it happened so little time ago and for such stupid reasons...

i'm really glad it all turned out relatively positive for you, that you managed to escape and your dad turned out to be okay too. horrible, horrible times. so many innocent people scarred for life. war is the biggest bullsht in the world...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-25-2018 02:23 PM
purple18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for purple18 Click here to Send purple18 a Private Message Find more posts by purple18 Add purple18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
boink
Triple Platinum Record Level

Registered: Sep 2006
Location: -
Posts: 5487

quote:
Originally posted by » Dani
That’s nice! I had no idea

Yeah I’m born there. In a little city outside of Sarajevo called Kakanj. We lived in a village called Haljinici just outside Kakanj until the war started. My dad was forced to join the army in the war, and my mom and I packed our stuff and drove away from our house. I was 4-5 so don’t remember much except that I heard the bombs and then our dog that ran after our car when we drove off. I remember crying so much because he was my best friend. But he was left with my grandma who didn’t wanna leave her house and luckily after a few months when it had calmed, our house was in tact and everyone was fine. Loads of houses nearby were ruined and a lot of people with them. Mom and I had travelled to Croatia where we lived for like a half year without knowing where dad was or what was gonna happen to us. The war was still going on. But it all turned out good in the end and we found our way to Sweden, thank god.

I’ve heard so many horrible stories from that time. Not just from my dad in the war, but other families. It scares me how much evil there is on this earth.

My mom is a Serb and my dad Croatian and they were supposed to be “enemies”. I’m so happy they fell in love even tho it was against all “rules” and I’m happy they raised me without this mentality, dividing people by origin, color, or Family names. Loads of people we met on the way that were from there were talking ill about “the others” and I remember always asking my mom what it means and what I was, if I was this or that, and she just kept saying it doesn’t matter, we love everyone and be friends with everyone and we are all one kind and the same and nothing matters. This division of people still exists until today. Just disgusting.



Glad you & your family survived that damn war.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-25-2018 03:30 PM
boink is offline Click Here to See the Profile for boink Click here to Send boink a Private Message Find more posts by boink Add boink to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlrightSir
Triple Platinum Record Level

Registered: Dec 2009
Location: Hungary
Posts: 4699

quote:
Originally posted by » Dani
That’s nice! I had no idea

Yeah I’m born there. In a little city outside of Sarajevo called Kakanj. We lived in a village called Haljinici just outside Kakanj until the war started. My dad was forced to join the army in the war, and my mom and I packed our stuff and drove away from our house. I was 4-5 so don’t remember much except that I heard the bombs and then our dog that ran after our car when we drove off. I remember crying so much because he was my best friend. But he was left with my grandma who didn’t wanna leave her house and luckily after a few months when it had calmed, our house was in tact and everyone was fine. Loads of houses nearby were ruined and a lot of people with them. Mom and I had travelled to Croatia where we lived for like a half year without knowing where dad was or what was gonna happen to us. The war was still going on. But it all turned out good in the end and we found our way to Sweden, thank god.

I’ve heard so many horrible stories from that time. Not just from my dad in the war, but other families. It scares me how much evil there is on this earth.

My mom is a Serb and my dad Croatian and they were supposed to be “enemies”. I’m so happy they fell in love even tho it was against all “rules” and I’m happy they raised me without this mentality, dividing people by origin, color, or Family names. Loads of people we met on the way that were from there were talking ill about “the others” and I remember always asking my mom what it means and what I was, if I was this or that, and she just kept saying it doesn’t matter, we love everyone and be friends with everyone and we are all one kind and the same and nothing matters. This division of people still exists until today. Just disgusting.

Wow. I'm glad you made it out of that place. We used to travel through Doboj around 1996/97 when we travelled to South Croatia during the summer and although I was quite young I still remember the disaster that area was. Buildings fallen, gunmarks on the remaining walls, people living in tents. Not just Sarajevo was demolished but all the small villages too. It took a lot of years, nearly 15 to make it back to what it was - when you travel through Bosnia you see a pretty charming nice country but it was nothing like that a few years ago. From 1996 we travelled through that area every year and we saw the rebuilding. I felt so sad. It was devastating to see what war does to a beautiful country with beautiful people and assures you that you NEVER want to support war.

And your mother is an amazing woman. That's how everybody should be raised. I always get mad people raving about migrants escaping from Syria, giving them nothing but hate from their pretty living room, warm dinner and hot shower. Most people just can't imagine how it must feel for anyone who has to leave their homes and move tons of kilometers away to be able to live a life without bombs falling on your roof. I'm sorry you had to do all of this when you were young but I'm glad your family were okay at the end. What happened with your dad?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-25-2018 06:13 PM
AlrightSir is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlrightSir Click here to Send AlrightSir a Private Message Find more posts by AlrightSir Add AlrightSir to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
_O(+>_
Needs Rehab Level

Registered: Jun 2008
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 2607

I haven't got any holidays booked as such. Just a weekend away in London coming up.

I'll definitely see Paris & Berlin again this year though

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-25-2018 06:14 PM
_O(+>_ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for _O(+>_ Click here to Send _O(+>_ a Private Message Visit _O(+>_'s homepage! Find more posts by _O(+>_ Add _O(+>_ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani
Moderator

Registered: Mar 2004
Location: Sweden.
Posts: 55247

quote:
Originally posted by purple18
wow that's crazy. i knew you were from the "general area" as in affected by the war but i didn't know the full story and about Sarajevo. those were crazy times and so so sad for tearing families apart like that and Croatians, Bosnians and Serbs all hating each other for nothing. we heard a lot of heartbreaking stories like that and it's really hard to understand or to wrap your head around it that it happened so little time ago and for such stupid reasons...

i'm really glad it all turned out relatively positive for you, that you managed to escape and your dad turned out to be okay too. horrible, horrible times. so many innocent people scarred for life. war is the biggest bullsht in the world...



Tbh I don't even know why they hate each other and I never asked and I don't care either. I just think whatever it is, it's idiotic.

I remember the first years in Sweden (we had to wait five years for the residence permit) with all those others from the war too. Besides my blonde curly hair super girly best friend I had another best friend who was black. She came from somalia and we hung out like 24/7 and did all those boyish stuff no one else "dared" to, she was sooo cool, and went to school together too. But all the other yuggo kids were like why are you with her she's black blabla. I remember telling my mom what they said and how they made "fun" of me for hanging out with her and I didn't get what they meant. WE WERE 6 YEARS OLD!!! I never heard a word from them about her ever again after I told my mom. Now I can only imagine what conversations she had with their parents LOOOL.

I also love that my mom now is married to a bosnian muslim She's so badass lol. The only difference between him and her is that he doesn't eat ham. Now you can understand why the worst thing I know is people who divide people in one way or the other. That's when I start "wars" lol.

And thanks ♥ Yupp, plain bull****.

Last edited by » Dani on 01-25-2018 at 06:23 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-25-2018 06:21 PM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani
Moderator

Registered: Mar 2004
Location: Sweden.
Posts: 55247

quote:
Originally posted by boink
Glad you & your family survived that damn war.


Danke ♥

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-25-2018 06:29 PM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani
Moderator

Registered: Mar 2004
Location: Sweden.
Posts: 55247

quote:
Originally posted by AlrightSir
Wow. I'm glad you made it out of that place. We used to travel through Doboj around 1996/97 when we travelled to South Croatia during the summer and although I was quite young I still remember the disaster that area was. Buildings fallen, gunmarks on the remaining walls, people living in tents. Not just Sarajevo was demolished but all the small villages too. It took a lot of years, nearly 15 to make it back to what it was - when you travel through Bosnia you see a pretty charming nice country but it was nothing like that a few years ago. From 1996 we travelled through that area every year and we saw the rebuilding. I felt so sad. It was devastating to see what war does to a beautiful country with beautiful people and assures you that you NEVER want to support war.

And your mother is an amazing woman. That's how everybody should be raised. I always get mad people raving about migrants escaping from Syria, giving them nothing but hate from their pretty living room, warm dinner and hot shower. Most people just can't imagine how it must feel for anyone who has to leave their homes and move tons of kilometers away to be able to live a life without bombs falling on your roof. I'm sorry you had to do all of this when you were young but I'm glad your family were okay at the end. What happened with your dad?



Yeah. Wasn't Doboj the most damaged part? I remember the first time going back to Bosnia (was like 1998 when we had got the residence permit) and seeing all those buildings and the people on the streets still. I was little then but all I kept thinking was can we bring them with us back home, they will be much happier. And we visited every year/every other year since and I remember I felt worse and worse being there. Not because I couldn't help them, but because I had a better life and not them. Why me. Why not them. I loved hanging out with my family and seeing them, but I hated being there seeing people suffering. It made me feel bad about myself. It still does. I only go back to see them, not because I like the nature/country/whatever.

My mom is amazing. We've had our extremely rough moments but looking back now I think she's been a wonderful mother most of the time and she knows I this It wasn't until like a year ago she told me everything that happened in Croatia and how we made it to Sweden. It wasn't just to "go" it was a hell loads of paper work and stuff she had to do and people she had to talk to. And those sleepless nights wondering about my dad, if he was alive or not. Crazy.

Uhm, about my dad. At first he refused to join the war because he was like a hippie all peace and love and alcohol lol, then he ended up in a prison because he refused (everyone that refused ended up there), then he was in the war for months because after prison they were forced to go into war. I haven't really asked much about it. I'm sure he'd tell me everything if I asked but I feel like maybe I don't need to know everything. However, somehow he found out where we were, I think through his cousin, and then when it was "over" he came to us in Croatia and we got his passport sorted too so we could move to Sweden My dad is amazing but he's very special. Like I can't explain it. He's just different, very stubborn, sometimes difficult, but sooooooooo empathic, genuine and sweet.

Sorry guys for the long long stories and for ruining this thread

Last edited by » Dani on 01-25-2018 at 06:48 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-25-2018 06:45 PM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani
Moderator

Registered: Mar 2004
Location: Sweden.
Posts: 55247

Haha, my first "fall in love" moment happened in Croatia btw It was a guy. He sat with his guitar and sang songs alone, on the beach every night nearby the small "houses" we lived in. He was a dream. I was litterally SO in love with him He was the one that made my days there Maybe it was him, or just the guitarr and music, I can't really tell haha.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-25-2018 06:57 PM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
*CiaraDublin89*
Double Platinum

Registered: Nov 2008
Location: Dublin
Posts: 2237

quote:
Originally posted by » Dani
Haha, my first "fall in love" moment happened in Croatia btw It was a guy. He sat with his guitar and sang songs alone, on the beach every night nearby the small "houses" we lived in. He was a dream. I was litterally SO in love with him He was the one that made my days there Maybe it was him, or just the guitarr and music, I can't really tell haha.


This story stinks of the one that got away lyrics

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-25-2018 11:30 PM
*CiaraDublin89* is offline Click Here to See the Profile for *CiaraDublin89* Click here to Send *CiaraDublin89* a Private Message Find more posts by *CiaraDublin89* Add *CiaraDublin89* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani
Moderator

Registered: Mar 2004
Location: Sweden.
Posts: 55247

quote:
Originally posted by *CiaraDublin89*
This story stinks of the one that got away lyrics


Haha, I just had to put it on OMG. His words were like heaven in my hurricane ❤️❤️❤️ I wish I was 20 and not like 5 and he could’ve made me cappuccino too

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-26-2018 05:11 AM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Buffy
Triple Platinum Record Level

Registered: Feb 2003
Location: Belgium
Posts: 11576

Citytrip to London in May.
Probably roadtrip to USA, upper East coast in September/October. If too expensive, roadtrip through Andalucia.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-26-2018 08:37 AM
Buffy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Buffy Click here to Send Buffy a Private Message Find more posts by Buffy Add Buffy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doogie HAWES'er
2nd Grammy Level

Registered: Dec 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2353

quote:
Originally posted by Buffy
Citytrip to London in May.
Probably roadtrip to USA, upper East coast in September/October. If too expensive, roadtrip through Andalucia.



Noooooo.
Do Westcoast.....

Vancouver, Canada.
Seattle,
Portland.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-26-2018 08:40 AM
Doogie HAWES'er is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doogie HAWES'er Click here to Send Doogie HAWES'er a Private Message Find more posts by Doogie HAWES'er Add Doogie HAWES'er to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Buffy
Triple Platinum Record Level

Registered: Feb 2003
Location: Belgium
Posts: 11576

quote:
Originally posted by Doogie HAWES'er
Noooooo.
Do Westcoast.....

Vancouver, Canada.
Seattle,
Portland.



Next time maybe ...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-26-2018 08:41 AM
Buffy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Buffy Click here to Send Buffy a Private Message Find more posts by Buffy Add Buffy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:13 PM. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Jump:
Rate This Thread:

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is OFF
 

< P!nk's Page >

Copyright © 2003-2008 Pink's Stuff, Inc.
vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2002, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.