Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > On The Inside... > Chat Forum > Where are you going on holidays this year?
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
purple18
Triple Platinum Record Level

quote:
Originally posted by Ľ Dani
Yeah. Wasn't Doboj the most damaged part? I remember the first time going back to Bosnia (was like 1998 when we had got the residence permit) and seeing all those buildings and the people on the streets still. I was little then but all I kept thinking was can we bring them with us back home, they will be much happier. And we visited every year/every other year since and I remember I felt worse and worse being there. Not because I couldn't help them, but because I had a better life and not them. Why me. Why not them. I loved hanging out with my family and seeing them, but I hated being there seeing people suffering. It made me feel bad about myself. It still does. I only go back to see them, not because I like the nature/country/whatever.

My mom is amazing. We've had our extremely rough moments but looking back now I think she's been a wonderful mother most of the time and she knows I this It wasn't until like a year ago she told me everything that happened in Croatia and how we made it to Sweden. It wasn't just to "go" it was a hell loads of paper work and stuff she had to do and people she had to talk to. And those sleepless nights wondering about my dad, if he was alive or not. Crazy.

Uhm, about my dad. At first he refused to join the war because he was like a hippie all peace and love and alcohol lol, then he ended up in a prison because he refused (everyone that refused ended up there), then he was in the war for months because after prison they were forced to go into war. I haven't really asked much about it. I'm sure he'd tell me everything if I asked but I feel like maybe I don't need to know everything. However, somehow he found out where we were, I think through his cousin, and then when it was "over" he came to us in Croatia and we got his passport sorted too so we could move to Sweden My dad is amazing but he's very special. Like I can't explain it. He's just different, very stubborn, sometimes difficult, but sooooooooo empathic, genuine and sweet.

Sorry guys for the long long stories and for ruining this thread

it's not ruining the thread. i love listening to people's personal stories and where they came from and how their life was before i knew them. and yours is especially eventful so that's even "better".

what horrible times those were. i don't think i could survive being torn from my loved ones like that. makes me so angry to think about it that it happened to so many people for no reason at all.

btw i think the origins of the conflict in that area was mostly religion which is also fcked up and twisted. the purpose of every religion should be to live in peace with one another. who cares what they eat and what words they use to pray and what they believe? as long as noone gets hurt we should all just mind our own fckin business.

now THAT is diverting the thread, sorry

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-26-2018 10:24 AM
purple18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for purple18 Click here to Send purple18 a Private Message Find more posts by purple18 Add purple18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doogie HAWES'er
2nd Grammy Level

quote:
Originally posted by purple18

btw i think the origins of the conflict in that area was mostly religion which is also fcked up and twisted. the purpose of every religion should be to live in peace with one another. who cares what they eat and what words they use to pray and what they believe? as long as noone gets hurt we should all just mind our own fckin business.

My friend wrote this the other day, and I feel like it's pretty spot on in regards to religion and conflict and the reasons why they create such a separation....

I'm not saying this is ALWAYS the case, I know lots of amazing people with strong religious faiths, that they use and demonstrate in a positive manner., but I thought it was an interesting little blurb of writing.

Attachment: image.jpeg
This has been downloaded 12 time(s).

Old Post 01-26-2018 08:50 PM
Doogie HAWES'er is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doogie HAWES'er Click here to Send Doogie HAWES'er a Private Message Find more posts by Doogie HAWES'er Add Doogie HAWES'er to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ľ Dani

Yeah. Heís right but whateverís put on this earth will never be the cause of hate or pain if we humans wouldnít allow it. Period. Religion or no religion, guns or no guns. Itíd mean nothing if we didnít use it, or misuse it.

Old Post 01-27-2018 12:35 AM
Ľ Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ľ Dani Click here to Send Ľ Dani a Private Message Visit Ľ Dani's homepage! Find more posts by Ľ Dani Add Ľ Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ľ Dani

quote:
Originally posted by purple18
it's not ruining the thread. i love listening to people's personal stories and where they came from and how their life was before i knew them. and yours is especially eventful so that's even "better".

what horrible times those were. i don't think i could survive being torn from my loved ones like that. makes me so angry to think about it that it happened to so many people for no reason at all.

now THAT is diverting the thread, sorry

Thanks babe ♥

I had no idea it was religion but I could only imagine. I know when I asked mom she said something they were fighting over land and stuff. Just such a BS thing to fight over.

Exactly!!! Iím not against anything thatís done with love. Believe in whatever you want but let others do the same even if they donít believe in what you believe. In the end itís a BELIEF. Itís abstract. Come on. Canít believe how much this world have been ruined by ppl. Iím so happy to live here tbh everyone loves everyone and accepts everyone, you will hear when you divide ppl somehow (with a few exceptions of course). Iíve friends from all over the world and I hope their countries will be like Sweden one day too when it comes to this.

Old Post 01-27-2018 07:05 AM
Ľ Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ľ Dani Click here to Send Ľ Dani a Private Message Visit Ľ Dani's homepage! Find more posts by Ľ Dani Add Ľ Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote