Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > On The Inside... > Discussion Forum > My mothers journery with Cancer.. so far
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
FunkYChickA
Major Label Level

My mothers journery with Cancer.. so far

She’s amazing.
My mother, is truly amazing. In January, she was taken by us to hospital, because she was ill. On the 29th, she was diagnosed with Breast, Liver and Spine Cancer... automatically a stage 4 cancer patient.
I couldn’t believe it, I didn’t want to believe it. My world, was and still is shattered.
Her red blood cells were so low, she shouldn’t have even had a readable result when they did the blood pressure test. (Technical words fail me)... but, this was the start of the mystery woman. The score was perfect. (strange apparently )
My Mum.. the woman who we all took for granted, was given two months MAX to live.
She was, naturally, too ill for chemo.. she had severe jaundice, and especially her eyes. Her skin had become grey. She was given 3 bags or more of blood every 4 days.
We started her on some natural medicines, within weeks, she was allowed chemo. Her tumour markers went from 700 to 100. This meant that treatment was working. She had her last bags of blood in March.
The doctors took back their prognosis and said that they don’t know when.. But, eventually, and before Christmas my mother will succumb to Cancer.
She was fine with the first chemo, for many weeks she had no reactions.. but, then she started getting chemo rash. So they changed chemo ... and then again. She was on her third type of chemo, and she just became tired. This was normal really. (Tired, not sick.)
Every visit she has amazed them. She should be in agony....... and she’s not. She should not be able to walk, and she can.. While it’s not far or fast... she can walk.
She does have fluid retention and it got pretty bad there for a bit. They drained 18 litres out, which never should have been that much... because it just came back so quickly. Then 2 weeks later, they drained another 3... it slowly came back.. but then we were on top of it ... and it was going away
She went in for chemo on a Wednesday and my dad asked about the results from the blood taken on Tuesday... luckily they checked, because her liver was not able to handle the chemo.
So for 8 scary weeks, while her oncologist was away, she had no chemo and just our meds. She actually started to improve. She looked better, her skin was normal, her eyes weren’t yellow anymore and her hair started to grow (haha. For any cancer patient or carer of a cancer patient, you’ll know how hard it is for them to lose their hair). It’s now at the stage where I tease her because it looks messy haha. (I love you Mama)
In the last two weeks.. her lung has been filling up with fluid. So much that again, she has amazed the doctors... because one of her lungs was more than three quarters full of fluid. So, they drained two litres out, and it’s still half full. As you can imagine, her breathing got very heavy. And yet, she still managed to walk around. And eat. I mean.. her body full of fluid and she still made sure, that she ate something. (it might have been a small slice of bread, and it would fill her up)

On Monday, the doctors gave another prognosis. A short month, to long weeks. They, still even after seeing her, and being amazed by her, believe she will have left us by Christmas.
I don’t believe it. My mother is so strong, she’s such a fighter. Her only issue is the fluid. She feels great otherwise, she looks great. And she said “I’m not going anywhere”
She’s got the next two years planned, and then some.
If you saw my beautiful mother, (apart from looking at her nail that the chemo has damaged)..... you would not know she is ill. Especially, so ill she was meant to have been gone so many months ago.
She’s still on the alternatives, and the doctors know something is being used. They can’t approve or say that they’re helping, because they’re not allowed.
Her liver tumours have shrunken. And turned into scabs.. good and bad. The scar tissue is pretending to be her liver, meaning while some functions have gotten better, others remain the same.
We pray every day, more than once... actually I don’t think we stop. We beg, we plead.
The most important thing, is faith and belief.. and no.. I’m not talking about God or religion, I’m talking about in one’s self to heal.
I just have to think about the family friend who gave up, and believe he’d be dead in the two weeks he was given... He died. Two weeks to the day.
My family is so strong, hurting, scared but yet so very strong. We believe she can over come this. We believe in her strength, more importantly.... my mother believes, and is positive.
Her breathing is getting easier, even though it’s apparently not meant to.
She’s not going anywhere. Doesn’t mean I’m not scared. Im not looking forward to Christmas... because I have to wait. Im scared of this waiting, Im scared of the unknown. I’m losing my mind, and yet I’m positive.
I cry, I howl. I even sometimes, a lot of the time.... wish I died so I wouldn’t have to live through this. I sometimes wish that when (even in many years) her time comes (because we all die) that im gone before her, but especially now. If this really is the end, (which i don’t believe) then I wish i was gone before her.
Mind power is a wonderful thing. My mother is a wonderful thing, my family and our love and closeness is beautiful. We’ll have my mum for years yet, we’ve ..... no! My mother has defied science more than once... and she’ll continue. The way I see it ... if it was really her time to go, she wouldn’t have made it to the hospital the first time we took her in... Or, she would have gotten the chemo, and it would have killed her then because her liver would have failed... OR.. just recently, she wouldn’t have had that xray, and found the fluid on her lungs.

My mother, will soon enough be... on the road to recovery.
Mama, I Love you. I need you and you are my world. You are my best friend, my soul.. my everything. I am so very very proud of you. You’ve been told since Feb that you are dying, and you’re still smiling, defying science... and as I say.. missionizing.

Love you so very very much.
LETS! Defy Science. Believe. And Missionise.
Cancer will be beaten. It will not take this Earth Angel.

Still to this day, the doctors call my mum the mystery woman.

and even though, they try to remind us how sick she is, we walk out of every meeting smiling.

I smile, purely because I make the doctors cry with what I Say, but hey! It's truth. You can't beat this force of love.

and I smile, because my mummy smiles.

I can't say it enough, she's the toughest, strongest, most stubborn woman. and I love her dearly.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-24-2008 10:57 AM
FunkYChickA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FunkYChickA Click here to Send FunkYChickA a Private Message Find more posts by FunkYChickA Add FunkYChickA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pinksmyguide
Platinum Level

wow! your mum sounds like one amazing,beautiful LADY.
i am so sorry that your mum,you and your family have to go through this horrible ordeal and their is not much that i can say to make things better. i will however,go right now,and light a candle for her and (i'm not religious) send all my love and best wishes to you and your beautiful family.you sound so positive and that always seems to help and i can't wait for you all to share a beautiful christmas together.send all my love to your mama from me and please feel free to PM anytime my friend.
all my love to you and your family.
Angie xx

Old Post 10-24-2008 12:25 PM
pinksmyguide is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pinksmyguide Click here to Send pinksmyguide a Private Message Find more posts by pinksmyguide Add pinksmyguide to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
~~refolexx~~
Triple Platinum Record Level

Light a candle for my mummy too please

Old Post 10-24-2008 12:36 PM
~~refolexx~~ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ~~refolexx~~ Click here to Send ~~refolexx~~ a Private Message Visit ~~refolexx~~'s homepage! Find more posts by ~~refolexx~~ Add ~~refolexx~~ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2nd_december_x_

Hey Hun!

reading that post bought a tear to my eyes.
your family are amazing and i wished i had family like yours.
you are utterly amazing and your mother sounds so so brave and very STRONG.

i hope she defies science for you.
i hope she has a long and happy life with you

Love Always

Lewis

x

Old Post 10-24-2008 12:37 PM
2nd_december_x_ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2nd_december_x_ Click here to Send 2nd_december_x_ a Private Message Find more posts by 2nd_december_x_ Add 2nd_december_x_ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
martinap!nk

Reading all of that was really touching,
those stories are always a good reminder for what problems in life actually are.

Ive lost someone really close because of Cancer,
I hope your mum will recover soon and will keep on enjoying all of what life will bring on,in the company of everyone she loves the most.

Old Post 10-24-2008 02:58 PM
martinap!nk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for martinap!nk Click here to Send martinap!nk a Private Message Find more posts by martinap!nk Add martinap!nk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
purge

go your mom
i wish her all the strength in this world

Old Post 10-24-2008 03:29 PM
purge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for purge Click here to Send purge a Private Message Find more posts by purge Add purge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
*unwanted*
Banned

i wish u and her all the best
shes a fighter
embrase her
and always tell her how much u love her

Old Post 10-24-2008 11:10 PM
*unwanted* is offline Click Here to See the Profile for *unwanted* Click here to Send *unwanted* a Private Message Find more posts by *unwanted* Add *unwanted* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
freakunleashed
Banned

*wipes tear*
wow that was just so touching. I wish you and your family all the best, and I really hope she beats this cancer.
I've lost several close people, and right this moment, my uncle is going through lung cancer as well and it's aggravating. It's selfish the way cancer can demolish others.

Old Post 10-25-2008 01:51 AM
freakunleashed is offline Click Here to See the Profile for freakunleashed Click here to Send freakunleashed a Private Message Find more posts by freakunleashed Add freakunleashed to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
marry

I am wishing her all the best, she's a strong woman!

Old Post 10-25-2008 01:52 AM
marry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for marry Click here to Send marry a Private Message Find more posts by marry Add marry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FunkYChickA
Major Label Level

thank you all so very much

support from people i haven't met.. mean so much..

my mum smiled when i read everyones reply out...

thank you..

much love!

Old Post 10-25-2008 07:32 AM
FunkYChickA is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FunkYChickA Click here to Send FunkYChickA a Private Message Find more posts by FunkYChickA Add FunkYChickA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jus lovin P!nk

Unhappy

my eyes have just filled up with tears.

Old Post 10-25-2008 09:53 PM
Jus lovin P!nk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jus lovin P!nk Click here to Send Jus lovin P!nk a Private Message Find more posts by Jus lovin P!nk Add Jus lovin P!nk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrpink627

<3 best to you and your family

Old Post 10-25-2008 10:39 PM
mrpink627 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mrpink627 Click here to Send mrpink627 a Private Message Find more posts by mrpink627 Add mrpink627 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pinkeye3d
MixTape Level

Love truly is the unbeatable force! *tears*
This was so heartwarming, and courageous of you to share this w/ us. Your family is amazingly incredible!
It's loved enriched bonds like this, that is so desperately needed in today's mangled world.
Ur mother is truly inspirational, and strong woman (the true superwoman)!
Ur story is a eye-opener, to anyone who takes life greatest gift's for granted (the gift of family; the gift of love) .
God bless, and may her road to recovery thrive! *keeps you in prayers and sends lots of positive energy to ur family!*

Old Post 10-25-2008 11:48 PM
Pinkeye3d is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pinkeye3d Click here to Send Pinkeye3d a Private Message Find more posts by Pinkeye3d Add Pinkeye3d to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FunkYChickA
Major Label Level

thank you all so very much. I agree. my mother is.. fantastic...

YEsterday was pretty scary.. mum seemed kinda down.. her breathing was very heavy... she was down but only because she couldn't do anything without getting super puffed..

this morning, she was still pretty puffed by even sitting up

so we said, just use the oxygen.. it's there for reason, if you need, just use it..

so she had it on low lol.. but used it for a bit

about lunch time, or maybe even 11am.. she was breathing MUCH easier.. she could even walk fast and not be as puffed.

keeping in mind shes got fluid in the lungs, and abdomen.

I actually spoke to someone who does healing, and organised last night for a distance healing..

I feel so much calmer, and today my mum is breathing better, but also smiling and talking

so yeah.. all is well.

Tuesday, she will be going to get drained... hopefully it is painless like last time and then she'll be feeling on top of the moon again

she is my whole world.. this news, and every time i hear the phone ring.. my heart shatters. I no longer answer phone calls, unless I know who it is.. it's been the hardest journey, that i don't even wish my worst enemy to receive or go through.

our love and strength will conquer..

Old Post 10-26-2008 10:37 AM
=X-X-X= Sharon

awww.....best to you and your family

Old Post 10-26-2008 12:06 PM
=X-X-X= Sharon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for =X-X-X= Sharon Click here to Send =X-X-X= Sharon a Private Message Visit =X-X-X= Sharon's homepage! Find more posts by =X-X-X= Sharon Add =X-X-X= Sharon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote