Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > On The Inside... > Chat Forum > Random thoughts, stories, memories from childhood. Fun facts. Share em.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Doogie HAWES'er
2nd Grammy Level

Random thoughts, stories, memories from childhood. Fun facts. Share em.

No need for full paragraphs here.
Just post random thoughts from long ago.
It'l be fun to learn things about everybody

- My favorite color was blue. Also my favorite Ninja Turtle was Leonardo, who wore blue. I still do not know what came first: Was my favorite color blue, and thats why I picked Leonardo? Or was Leonardo my favorite Turtle, and thats why my favorote color was blue? I'll never know #ChickenVsEgg

- When I was real little, I always said I wanted to be a doctor.... I got a toy doctors kit when I was three years old or so. It was one of my favorite things. Its one of the few toys that my mom saved from me being a kid. She has if at her place and my nephews have all played with it at loved it as well.

- One of my earliest memories that I have was my grandma dying. I wasnt quite 4 yet..... I just remember being at my other grandmas house and it being late and my parents coming to get us and it being real late, dark and quiet. I remember when they got to my grandmas to pick us up, us three kids just kinda hiding in the other room and knowing something was wrong while they all talked in the kitchen.
I still dont remember them actually telling us she died but just having that weird feeling in my body.

- I have a scar on my forhead from when I was four. I was jumping on the couch and somehow flew off into the tv and had to get stitches. It was my dads birthday and the final day of the World Series baseball. My dad had to quit watching the game and drive me to fhe hospital and get stitches.
The scare isnt super visible but if i raise my eyebrows the right way I can see it

- I like sleeping on the floor. I have always enjoyed it. I think that goes back to being a kid when my parents were divorced. When we stayed at my dads we slept on the floor because we didnt have a room there. I always thought it was cool like camping.

- I'm a twin. Have a twin brother named Matt. We dont look like. Up until 2nd grade or so we were like always best friends. I think being a twin contributed to me being a little more shy in life. I mean, I try to keep that a little hidden and be outgoing and talkative but I've heard that this is a common trait with twins. When we first started school we already had a friend there, we had eachother so we didnt need to make new friends. Haha. Whatever, that quickly passed. But i wonder how much that influenced my personality as an adult. Some of the most outgoing people I know, some of the most creative are only childs. I think they are forced to be outgoing. I think being a twin is complete opposite end of the spectrum.

- i love animals. We always had pets as kids. I love my mom for this. If I ever have kids they are going have lots of little furry friends to play with

- i loved school up until 5th grade.... my teacher then was a complete jerk..... a few years ago there was an article in the paper about her like going crazy and locking the kids in the class room.... she was old and forced to retire after that. I laughed so hard when I heard that story. It made me realize like "****. I was right, she really was crazy"
She never locked us in the class, but she was meaaaaaan. Ms Musslewhite was her name.

- I played trumpet for 3 months in 4th grade. I quit because we had to miss recess to practice. I wanted to be outside running around. So I said screw this.
I lied to my mom and said the music teacher was mean and yelled at us all the time. She wasnt mean. But my mom let me quit because of it.

- i took karate lessons for like 3 weeks i second grade. I quit when I found out the teacher wouldnt teach is to karate chop wood in half with our bare hand or break bricks with our head.

- one time I found $5 on the ground at the video store. My older sister was jealous and made me turn it in.
I dont know for sure but im pretty sure she went up to the counter after that and said she lost $5 and got it back for herself.
I should ask her now that its so much later if thats what actually happened.

Ill share more as they come.
Now you.

Last edited by Doogie HAWES'er on 09-12-2017 at 09:34 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-12-2017 02:06 AM
Doogie HAWES'er is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doogie HAWES'er Click here to Send Doogie HAWES'er a Private Message Find more posts by Doogie HAWES'er Add Doogie HAWES'er to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dani

I sleepwalked a lot when I as a kid.

Once I walked out on the balcony when mom was baking in the kitchen and all of sudden she saw me disappear. She ran out to see where I went and there I was squatting and peeing down to the neighbour's balcony.

Old Post 09-12-2017 09:27 PM
 Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for  Dani Click here to Send  Dani a Private Message Visit  Dani's homepage! Find more posts by  Dani Add  Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dani

Re: Random thoughts, stories, memories from childhood. Fun facts. Share em.

quote:
Originally posted by Doogie HAWES'er

- I'm a twin. Have a twin brother named Matt. We dont look like. Up until 2nd grade or so we were like always best friends. I think being a twin contributed to me being a little more shy in life. I mean, I try to keep that a little hidden and be outgoing and talkative but I've heard that this is a common trait with twins. When we first started school we already had a friend there, we had eachother so we didnt need to make new friends. Haha. Whatever, that quickly passed. But i wonder how much that influenced my personality as an adult. Some of the most outgoing people I know, some of the most creative are only childs. I think they are forced to be outgoing. I think being a twin is complete opposite end of the spectrum.

Dude! I had nooo idea. How cool is that

Old Post 09-12-2017 09:30 PM
 Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for  Dani Click here to Send  Dani a Private Message Visit  Dani's homepage! Find more posts by  Dani Add  Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doogie HAWES'er
2nd Grammy Level

quote:
Originally posted by Dani
I sleepwalked a lot when I as a kid.

Once I walked out on the balcony when mom was baking in the kitchen and all of sudden she saw me disappear. She ran out to see where I went and there I was squatting and peeing down to the neighbour's balcony.

I was thinking you fell and walked off edge until I got to the end.... Glad you're ok.....

Old Post 09-12-2017 09:46 PM
Doogie HAWES'er is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doogie HAWES'er Click here to Send Doogie HAWES'er a Private Message Find more posts by Doogie HAWES'er Add Doogie HAWES'er to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doogie HAWES'er
2nd Grammy Level

Did the neighbors find out?
I'd probably be all panicing after that, thinking "oh ***k, what if the neighbors found out and complained?".

Old Post 09-12-2017 09:47 PM
Dani

quote:
Originally posted by Doogie HAWES'er
I was thinking you fell and walked off edge until I got to the end.... Glad you're ok.....

Haha. Ya.

I wasn't the kid who fell. I climbed trees all the time and was the biggest monkey of all. Plus I was super boyish and tough so ya, one day I decided to climb the highest tree and waved at my mom (who was at the balcony) so proudly to only realize I had made her upset and I had no idea why she kept yelling at me to come down and get in here (!!!!!).

The tree was higher than the three stories house we lived in.

Old Post 09-12-2017 09:49 PM
purple18
Triple Platinum Record Level

Lol great sleepwalking Dani!

And Jeff haha your stories are great. I knew you were a twin though and you have a sister.

I am an only child and i'm nor creative or outgoing since my dad left pretty early my mom raised me all by herself and she had to work so i was in kindergarten a lot and with my grandparents. Because i was kinda bored but also very very introverted i learned how to read by myself when i was 5 and sometimes read aloud to the other kids in kindergarten. Looking back i was already the Mom all the time lol

I didnt have too many friends. As i said, introverted but at the same time i was a very annoying kid, a drama queen and a sissy and just hyper-sensitive and super emotional. My mom and grandma sometimes had to put me under a cold shower to stop my hysterical crying. There was 1 person who could control me well, one of my dad's many cousins who was just 5 years older than me but he basically taught me everything and we grew up together. Now we live 5 minutes away from each other and meet a lot too and they are super big friends with my husband too

There was a phase when i was about 8-9 years old that i had this fear of separation with my mom. That is probably when i realized my mom is a mortal human being and it terrified me but she still had to put me in these stupid summer camps to be able to keep working and i hated it. I was with my best friend and i cried for a week and read alone in my tent. She gave me a book in which she wrote something for me and i literally bawled over it every time i opened it.

Lol so randomly i remember bad stuff mostly maybe i'll come back with good ones later?

Old Post 09-13-2017 09:54 PM
purple18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for purple18 Click here to Send purple18 a Private Message Find more posts by purple18 Add purple18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote