Registered: Mar 2004
1. What one event, big or small, are you going to tell your grandchildren about? I'll probably encourage spontaneity and as an example tell them about the LA holiday I booked on Monday noon and flew out next morning.
2. If you had to describe your 2017 in 3 words, what would they be? A traumatic never-ending roller coaster ride.
3. What new things did you discover about yourself? That I can be really mean when I'm all heated and triggered, and can say so much **** that I later regret and feel bad about. Because I didn't really mean all of it - so I try to just say what I mean, which is a problem still because I literally 100000% mean them in the moment if I feel injustice or misunderstood. And then when I've cooled down I realize I didn't really mean it. This has always been my issue and probably always will. But I'm working on it. If I try to walk out of the room or house, poor you if you follow me lol. I also learnt to always trust my guts. To not make excuses for other people's behavior. To understand that words don't mean **** unless they are supported with actions. To know that not everyone is raised to be honest and to do other people good.
4. What single achievement are you most proud of? For not letting bad things, happenings or people ruin or change me. To be able to love even when I ached myself.
5. What was the best news you received? I have no idea. Probably that mom and I got tickets to see Pink in Berlin. It was the best timing. I really needed that.
6. What was your favourite place that you visited in 2017? Mallorca, Spain. Probably my 4th or 5th time there now. Love it.
7. Which of your personal qualities turned out to be the most helpful this year? To myself or others? To myself to be able to see something positive even in the negative. To others, I guess that people feel listened to and understood when they talk to me. I always hear that I make people talk a lot and open up about emotional things they otherwise feel uncomfortable talking about. I'm happy to do that if it helps people.
8. Who was your number one go-to person that you could always rely on? Two people share that equally; my colleague Kim and my friend Sandra. These two know me inside out. I've told them about every single thought that's been in my head, lol.
9. Which new skills did you learn? Loads of technical stuff and house things I never did myself before. Still find them boring and would prefer someone else to do them.
10. What, or who, are you most thankful for? My family, my friends and the large amount of amazing music people this world have created.
11. If someone wrote a book about your life in 2017, what kind of genre would it be? A comedy, love story, drama, film noir or something else? 50% a dramatic love story and 50% intense goofy comedy with many sarcastic moments many people would get killed for.
12. What was the most important lesson you learnt in 2017? I learnt about who I am, how I work, what I want and what I need to live a happy life without changing myself or the one I'm sharing life with.
13. Which mental block(s) did you overcome? Uhh, don't wanna talk about it.
14. What 5 people did you most enjoy spending time with? I love spending time with one close friend and eat good and chat all night about nothing and everything, but I also love spending time with friends in groups and do the same. So I guess my closest friends, some friends I haven't met for a long time, and my family.
15. What was your biggest break-through moment career-wise? None this year really. But if I have to mention something it's when Warner Music called me in for an interview for a job as PR manager for international artists out of 1 200 applicants. I didn't get the job but it is a big thing for me to know I'm qualified. I guess it just wasn't the right time for me.
16. How did your relationship to your family evolve? It just does with the years.
17. What book or movie affected your life in a profound way? Uhhhh, me and titles.
18. What was your favourite compliment that you received this year? I don't know. Probably that the reason my head is big and wide is because it has to make room for my big and amazing smile. That was cute because the size of my head is a bit of a complex for me. I'm still learning to accept compliments. I am very thankful for them and I try to listen to what people say and show my appreciation, but many times I just don't think I deserve to hear them because there are so many more beautiful and better people out there.
19. What little things did you most enjoy during your day-to-day life? Coming to work in the morning and smelling that coffee smell and sitting in that couch with that amazing view and chatting for 30 minutes with my funny collegues in all different ages. Also coming home after work to silence is amazing too because my work contains out of meetings with many many many with people.
20. What cool things did you create this year?I write a lot but I don't know if any of it is that cool. But I do some design stuff in Ai and Id.
21. What was your most common mental state this year (e.g. excited, curious, stressed)? Patient and hopeful.
22. Was there anything you did for the very first time in your life this year?Ate oysters. YUM!
23. What was your favourite moment spent with your friends? When us 10 girls travelled to Poland. Just crazy fun. What happens in Poland stays in Poland.
24. What major goal did you lay the foundations for? It's not a major goal or a goal at all, but more of an insight. I need to gain work experience from the music industry somehow if I'm ever gonna get a PR manager job as my first job there. So I need to work out a plan for that. Or either start as an assistant of some kind boiling coffee or booking meetings. But probably should get an extra job of some kind or manage social media or whatever pro bono thing for someone just to have a case. I have no idea. I need to work something out.
25. Which worries turned out to be completely unnecessary? I always worry and everything I worry about is always necessary to worry about!!!
26. What experience would you love to do all over again? I travelled abroad 8 times this year and I could do that all over again.
27. What was the best gift you received? I don't know. Probably flowers friends bring when they come over for dinner.
28. How did your overall outlook on life evolve? I always knew that life contains 10% of **** that happen to us and 90% of the way we react on what happens to us. And somehow this years events just reminded me of that again.
29. What was the biggest problem you solved? I solve a lot of problems at work. I see solutions everywhere, bring me anything lol.
30. What was the funniest moment of your year, one that still makes it hard not to burst out laughing when you think about it? Wayyyyyyyy too many, ha. Probably locking myself out on the balcony in shorts and a tee in minus with a phone that only had 1% battery and then died on me. I laughed so ***king hard at my own stupidity.
31. What purchase turned out to be the best decision ever? Buying those crazy expensive early entry wild heart tickets to see Pink in LA and Vegas. I can't wait!
32. What one thing would you do differently and why? Sometimes I wish I wasn't as much of a fighter as I am. Sometimes I'd be better if I gave up earlier. Some thing are just not worth fighting for that much.
33. What do you deserve a pat on the back for? For being and believing in myself and doing right no matter how many good reasons I had to be ****ty and do bad.
34. What activities made you lose track of time? Every project I start at home late at night weekdays.
35. What did you think about more than anything else? I often think about and appreciate that I have so much of value in my life and so many caring and amazing people close to me.
36. What topics did you most enjoy learning about? Everything! I'm a sponge.
37. What new habits did you cultivate? I guess cooking a lot again and not eating out too much - expensive habit!!!
38. What advice would you give your early-2017 self if you could? Stick with them boundaries no matter what sister.
39. Did any parts of your self or your life do a complete 180 this year? Hm.. from being in love with someone I thought I knew on a deep deep level and bidding on a house and just planning and talking about the future and being happy even if at times it was though - to actually realize everything was fake and the person you thought you knew was a pathological cheating liar (everyone around me says psycho - which is probably true, but who are we to judge). Hm yeah life turned 180 but THANK GOD FOR THAT.
40. What or who had the biggest positive impact on your life this year? Myself. For the first time I can say this and feel proud. For being strong enough to leave it all, pretty hurt but in good condition still. 2018 will be full of new possibilities!
Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged