Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > On The Inside... > Chat Forum > the thinking thread Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Pages (639): « First ... « 635 636 [637] 638 639 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
boink
Triple Platinum Record Level

Unhappy

What's wrong with this world? Now Las Vegas...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-02-2017 11:57 AM
boink is offline Click Here to See the Profile for boink Click here to Send boink a Private Message Find more posts by boink Add boink to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dani

quote:
Originally posted by boink
What's wrong with this world? Now Las Vegas...

It is so ***ked up!!!

Old Post 10-02-2017 01:00 PM
 Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for  Dani Click here to Send  Dani a Private Message Visit  Dani's homepage! Find more posts by  Dani Add  Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dani

And apparently today one guy who's born 1987 killed one guy who's born 1992 at the street I live at.

Nothing surprises me anymore. Nothing. Never. Noone.

Old Post 10-02-2017 04:09 PM
 Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for  Dani Click here to Send  Dani a Private Message Visit  Dani's homepage! Find more posts by  Dani Add  Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N@tasha

I say this is my transient year. I entered in it suffering from severe untreated anxiety... with panic attacks and everything, and i still feel the need to have a 5mg diazepam in my purse, even tho i never use it, just in case. And i hate that need. Whenever i'm out without it my mind goes directly to what ifs and worst case scenarios.

I treated my anxiety on my own btw, without medications and therapy, even tho i started both things. I decided that i am stronger on my own.

Worst part was because of that anxiety, i lost my enjoyment in life, i partially lost myself, i disoriented and shifted to depersonalization, wondering what is the purpose of life if i'm gonna die eventually, i was convinced i lost my memories and hated everybody. The whole experience was horrifying.

And it was a transient year, i got married recently, and having a new home was supposed to be exciting. As a matter of fact it was what kept me going, 'cuz we are still not settled in, and that keeps me busy and happy.

But what happens after that? What holds the future? What holds married life? Will i ever be able to go out, have fun and not have a pill in my purse? I can't stand the need to be addicted to something that i don't use at all, but i know it's there.

I hate depersonalization. It was the worst of all. It's like you're on this cloud and you're untouchable. It's like you're being depressed but you feel numb and you don't care. Don't ever come back. I'm supposed to be happy. My life has always been good.

Old Post 10-02-2017 09:05 PM
N@tasha is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N@tasha Click here to Send N@tasha a Private Message Find more posts by N@tasha Add N@tasha to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dani

quote:
Originally posted by N@tasha

I had no idea Natasha. I'm sorry you have had a rough time lately. I don't know what to say because I don't suffer from this myself but I do relate to a lot of what you wrote anyway because I felt kinda like this just a few years ago. Why do you hate that need? Your pills keep you safe and relaxed. I think many people have something that we need to comfort us and make us feel safeness.

About the other part of your post. I think it's a process of "growing up" and finding your place in this world. You should be happy to actually be thinking these thoughts about life and not just living like a zombie! My whole life I've been mostly up up up and driven and just need to make stuff to happennnnnn. I think we grow up as kids with huge dreams of this and that, watching movies and imagining life in one way, we can do ANYTHING etc etc, and then we realize reality isn't like that most of the time. I'm not here to tell anyone what life's about, where you belong etc, but if you ask me it's pretty ***king boring and squared. My view on it is very tragic. Like we are just here to support the system for a while and then we die. And lets be honest, it is true. But we can still live a good life and make the most out of the time we have here, try to dream and get excited, have goals, do more of what makes us happy and spend time with people that matter to us and that we care for. My personality makes me high on life STILL from time to time but not every ***king minute like I felt the need to before. Because you can't be high all the time and that is okay - having it the other way is not healthy! And you're surely heard this before, but try to find peace with this moment of life you're in right now, and I think you will start to feel better. Go see a terapeut and talk it out. I think every person on this planet could need one from time to time. Accept things as they are and try to see the light in everything, even if it barely shines sometimes. ♥

Last edited by Dani on 10-02-2017 at 10:28 PM

Old Post 10-02-2017 10:13 PM
N@tasha

quote:
Originally posted by Dani
I had no idea Natasha. I'm sorry you have had a rough time lately. I don't know what to say because I don't suffer from this myself but I do relate to a lot of what you wrote anyway because I felt kinda like this just a few years ago. Why do you hate that need? Your pills keep you safe and relaxed. I think many people have something that we need to comfort us and make us feel safeness.

About the other part of your post. I think it's a process of "growing up" and finding your place in this world. You should be happy to actually be thinking these thoughts about life and not just living like a zombie! My whole life I've been mostly up up up and driven and just need to make stuff to happennnnnn. I think we grow up as kids with huge dreams of this and that, watching movies and imagining life in one way, we can do ANYTHING etc etc, and then we realize reality isn't like that most of the time. I'm not here to tell anyone what life's about, where you belong etc, but if you ask me it's pretty ***king boring and squared. My view on it is very tragic. Like we are just here to support the system for a while and then we die. And lets be honest, it is true. But we can still change our view on that and make the most out of the time we have here, try to dream and get excited, have goals, do more of what makes us happy and spend time with people that matter to us and that we care for. My personality make me high on life STILL from time to time but not every ***king minute like I felt the need to before. Because you can't be high all the time and that is okay - having it the other way is not healthy! And you're surely heard this before, but try to find peace in this moment of life you're in right now, and I think you will start to feel better. Go see a terapeut and talk it out. I think every person on this planet could need one from time to time. Accept things as they are and try to see the light in everything, even if it barely shines sometimes. ♥

I agree with everything. And yes we are here, and there is no good explanation for it, we all die differently, some die younger, and there is no rule for that.

My worst experience out of all, as i said was the devil called depersonalization. That sh&t goes beyond your happiest dreams, beyond love, support and family. You feel like you're in this dump, and even tho there are so many hands to save you, you feel like you're drowning yourself. You don't feel the support, you don't recognize your family for what it is. They all seem like strangers, it feels like you don't feel anything for anybody in this world. It's deadly scary and you just want to end it.

After some research, i learnt it's not that scary. It's a way your mind unplugs itself from stress and tries to protect you. Anxiety is deeply connected with depression and other messed up conditions.

Even tho i always loved my life, and had many friends and loved ones, part of me always thinks that it could've been better. I still love it, but i just got sick of living scared every day. Fear was so strong that i couldn't enjoy the things i usually used to do to relax, as listening music or binge-watching a show. I couldn't do those things because of constant anxiety, my mind was never "in the moment", i was scared of my own fear. I hated living like that and not enjoying life, because what is life if you can't enjoy it?!

Tried to do therapy, but i couldn't, i have things i only tell myself, and they want to dig deep in your childhood, which i am aware it could be a trigger for these kinds of situations. Maybe it is in my case, but i have closed some windows a long time ago and don't want to reopen because i am wiser and older now.

As an emotional person, i get it. It's not a surprise i ended up like this. I had to be broken some day, and it happened to be a life-changing experience. Anxiety made me more open and kind, less ashamed of myself, and more tolerant. It wasn't all for nothing.

And what i hate about the pill is, when i go out, my mind goes directly to my wallet, the pill is in my wallet. If i have it, if i brought it with me, will i have a panic attack if it's not with me... it's the last thing i'm working on now. And it's the hardest. My mind is programmed and it won't restart.

Thank you for reaching out Dani, you are always so kind and helpful. And you are getting more beautiful through the years.. instagram.. heheh

Last edited by N@tasha on 10-02-2017 at 10:49 PM

Old Post 10-02-2017 10:42 PM
N@tasha is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N@tasha Click here to Send N@tasha a Private Message Find more posts by N@tasha Add N@tasha to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dani

quote:

I think you have a healthy view on this and life and I'm sure you'll get through this. I do know what you mean with everything you wrote though, even though I only felt it all for a very short period of time. I guess this happens when everything happens at the same time in life? That was the case for me at least = stress / mind full of what ifs / worries / etc = error. I never tried therapy either before but I'm considering it as soon as I've fixed my apartment and settled, even though I feel strong and perfectly fine atm. I'm thinking it doesn't hurt to try it. I too fear to talk about my childhood because I know there's a lot there they will probably be like "ahaa, makes sense.. ". I've only brought the lessons with me from the past and I can openly talk about it all today, but I fear the therapists will make it an excuse for things and I don't want that. That's basically why I'm like bleh... Maybe it'll just help me see why I made the choices I made in life. I donno. However, I think therapy can make us more aware. Maybe not solve the problems we struggle with but make us see things differently, which then will change our way to think and behave and that will eventually get us back on the right track. We are strong girls but we can need a helping hand too and not see that we do. I sadly don't think there are any short cuts than to bite the sour apple. How long has this been going on for you? And has it become better? I didn't quiet understand how you are feeling today (except for the need of that pill).

And thank you for your nice words to me ♥

Old Post 10-02-2017 11:36 PM
N@tasha

quote:
I think you have a healthy view on this and life and I'm sure you'll get through this. I do know what you mean with everything you wrote though, even though I only felt it all for a very short period of time. I guess this happens when everything happens at the same time in life? That was the case for me at least = stress / mind full of what ifs / worries / etc = error. I never tried therapy either before but I'm considering it as soon as I've fixed my apartment and settled, even though I feel strong and perfectly fine atm. I'm thinking it doesn't hurt to try it. I too fear to talk about my childhood because I know there's a lot there they will probably be like "ahaa, makes sense.. ". I've only brought the lessons with me from the past and I can openly talk about it all today, but I fear the therapists will make it an excuse for things and I don't want that. That's basically why I'm like bleh... Maybe it'll just help me see why I made the choices I made in life. I donno. However, I think therapy can make us more aware. Maybe not solve the problems we struggle with but make us see things differently, which then will change our way to think and behave and that will eventually get us back on the right track. We are strong girls but we can need a helping hand too and not see that we do. I sadly don't think there are any short cuts than to bite the sour apple. How long has this been going on for you? And has it become better? I didn't quiet understand how you are feeling today (except for the need of that pill).

And thank you for your nice words to me ♥

It either happens when you are too busy in life and everything happens at once, but mostly happens when you have nothing at all and you are bored, at peace even. It strikes you in your most calm times... i think.

I'm better.. it has been happening for a whole year. Started last september, i was stressing for a month before that.. expecting the worse. And the worst came, caused by a medium earthquake where i thought i was dying. I was afraid of my reaction, started panicing and lost myself briefly, had muscle spasms on my hands... and after that i was stressing at everything, thinking it's gonna repeat. I was scared of the freezing of my body. The root of my problem was fear of my fear. It all sounds weird and i don't blame you if you can't understand it.. it took me a long time of researching my issue step by step to finally get it myself. It was all caused by simple hyperventilation.

I had bad periods... i sometimes felt better, but i'm working on myself every single day for a whole year now. And nowadays i feel strong and confident. I understand and accept my problem and work through it. My wedding was my biggest worry, because of the spotlight issue, but i handled it nicely and everything was perfect. It all gave me even more strength.

Last edited by N@tasha on 10-03-2017 at 12:16 AM

Old Post 10-02-2017 11:59 PM
Dani

quote:
It either happens when you are too busy in life and everything happens at once, but mostly happens when you have nothing at all and you are bored, at peace even. It strikes you in your most calm times... i think.

I'm better.. it has been happening for a whole year. Started last september, i was stressing for a month before that.. expecting the worse. And the worst came, caused by a medium earthquake where i thought i was dying. I was afraid of my reaction, started panicing and lost myself briefly, had muscle spasms on my hands... and after that i was stressing at everything, thinking it's gonna repeat. I was scared of the freezing of my body. The root of my problem was fear of my fear. It all sounds weird and i don't blame you if you can't understand it.. it took me a long time of researching my issue step by step to finally get it myself. It was all caused by simple hyperventilation.

I had bad periods... i sometimes felt better, but i'm working on myself every single day for a whole year now. And nowadays i feel strong and confident. I understand and accept my problem and work through it. My wedding was my biggest worry, because of the spotlight issue, but i handled it nicely and everything was perfect. It all gave me even more strength.

I understand. Believe me. But I don't know what to sa except I'm sorry you had to go through that.

And you are right. I felt it when life was just peaceful and maybe too peaceful that it scared me and made me question EVERYTHING because I had no worries for the first time in my life lol, but also when life's gives too much stuff to handle at once. Balance is so important to feel good. I realized that and I distance myself from people and stuff that make me feel out of balance. I think it's "normal" and healthy with "bad periods" too, to be sad, to worry and to be scared. As long as it doesn't take over the peaceful, safe and happy periods. Alright. As long as you feel that it's getting better and you actually feel better then I'm happy ♥ I just followed you on Instagram - you looked a-m-a-z-i-n-g in that wedding dress! I'm happy for you ♥

Old Post 10-03-2017 09:06 AM
N@tasha

quote:
I understand. Believe me. But I don't know what to sa except I'm sorry you had to go through that.

And you are right. I felt it when life was just peaceful and maybe too peaceful that it scared me and made me question EVERYTHING because I had no worries for the first time in my life lol, but also when life's gives too much stuff to handle at once. Balance is so important to feel good. I realized that and I distance myself from people and stuff that make me feel out of balance. I think it's "normal" and healthy with "bad periods" too, to be sad, to worry and to be scared. As long as it doesn't take over the peaceful, safe and happy periods. Alright. As long as you feel that it's getting better and you actually feel better then I'm happy ♥ I just followed you on Instagram - you looked a-m-a-z-i-n-g in that wedding dress! I'm happy for you ♥

Aw, thank you hun <3

Thanks again for your response, it's always nice to hear from someone who understands or has been through something similar...

How's life treating you? You've been to P!nk's private show right?

Old Post 10-03-2017 10:36 AM
purple18

Nate, congrats on having handled all this so well. anxiety is the worst. but you will get thorugh it because you are strong and super smart and can see yourself from the outside which is the hardest part probably. and i know what you mean when you say being afraid of your fear.

all i just want to say is that i don't think you should be too worried about the pill in your purse as long as it gives you safety and makes you feel stable. as soon as it becomes a sort of obsession, it needs to be changed but as long as it is helping you heal, it's good. just stay strong and think about how you control your life, not your anxiety and panic.

Old Post 10-03-2017 11:28 AM
purple18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for purple18 Click here to Send purple18 a Private Message Find more posts by purple18 Add purple18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N@tasha

quote:
Originally posted by purple18
Nate, congrats on having handled all this so well. anxiety is the worst. but you will get thorugh it because you are strong and super smart and can see yourself from the outside which is the hardest part probably. and i know what you mean when you say being afraid of your fear.

all i just want to say is that i don't think you should be too worried about the pill in your purse as long as it gives you safety and makes you feel stable. as soon as it becomes a sort of obsession, it needs to be changed but as long as it is helping you heal, it's good. just stay strong and think about how you control your life, not your anxiety and panic.

Thank you D. Hardest part about people with anxiety are the news, that are all around you. You watch scary things happening in the world every other day and you start obsessing over them... but even that is a process you have to overcome.

There was a time at the beginning of this year when i thought pills would make me relaxed. I only took small doses once or twice a week, whenever i was at my worst, and i had to do it in order to understand that it's not pills.. it's me who takes breaths the way i do. So i stopped medication, and went out as much as possible.

Basically every therapist says the same - in the middle of a panic attack, try to accept the symptoms and go along them. Don't fight, and your body and mind are gonna prevail. It was very difficult, and i'm still fighting it, but i am aware of it, and know what that means now.

Oh and this place, i haven't been here in a long time, maybe i should have turned to it when it was the hardest for me. The support from this forum is everything. xoxox

Old Post 10-03-2017 11:45 AM
Dani

quote:
Aw, thank you hun <3

Thanks again for your response, it's always nice to hear from someone who understands or has been through something similar...

How's life treating you? You've been to P!nk's private show right?

I was happy to see you back on here. Life's alright. I feel like I'm in this period with a lot of changes so I'm trying to cut them down to as few as possible at the time. I love change sometimes, but not all at once

Yes, I did. From not planning to see her at all this summer, to see her twice in England and once in LA within like a month. I won the competition for LA show, so that was fun too!

Hope to see you around here! The new song is coming out thursday probably!

Old Post 10-03-2017 11:50 AM
N@tasha

quote:
I was happy to see you back on here. Life's alright. I feel like I'm in this period with a lot of changes so I'm trying to cut them down to as few as possible at the time. I love change sometimes, but not all at once

Yes, I did. From not planning to see her at all this summer, to see her twice in England and once in LA within like a month. I won the competition for LA show, so that was fun too!

Hope to see you around here! The new song is coming out thursday probably!

The second single? Can't wait!

The album is coming very soon too... counting the days actually, i've missed her so much.. and i've missed this place. It was very dead some time ago.

You're so lucky, but you try and have faith, and that's why it happens. So happy for you!

Old Post 10-03-2017 11:56 AM
Dani

quote:
The second single? Can't wait!

The album is coming very soon too... counting the days actually, i've missed her so much.. and i've missed this place. It was very dead some time ago.

You're so lucky, but you try and have faith, and that's why it happens. So happy for you!

I don't think it's the actual single. More like a "promo/buzz song", like Beautiful Trauma.

It was super dead but there are loads of people coming back now and people that want to come back but it seems like the forums don't work properly still.

Thank you ♥ I always thought that accomplishments start with the decision to try and then add some faith to that and the rest is up to the universe or whatever it is that does it. However, exciting times are coming!

Old Post 10-03-2017 12:07 PM