Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > Beautiful Trauma - Information/anticipation thread
Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dfantasy
World Tour Level

More about the gospel song

http://www.philly.com/philly/entert...n-20170828.html

Mann drops one hint about the still-secretly-titled song he produced when he adds, “there’s the coda at the end of the track that’s just Pink and the choir, which is very moving and immensely soulful.” And totally Philly to boot. “You can take the girl out of Philly,” says Mann, “you can’t take Philly out of the girl.”

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-30-2017 04:39 AM
dfantasy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dfantasy Click here to Send dfantasy a Private Message Visit dfantasy's homepage! Find more posts by dfantasy Add dfantasy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grenno
Triple Platinum Record Level

Okay, the Billy song might already be my favorite song on the new album!

What took her so long to go gospel? I always wanted her to record with a choir for her LP Finally, it happened!

Old Post 08-30-2017 08:18 AM
grenno is offline Click Here to See the Profile for grenno Click here to Send grenno a Private Message Visit grenno's homepage! Find more posts by grenno Add grenno to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
p!nksson
#1 Video and Single Level

OMG, can't wait to hear this!!

Old Post 08-30-2017 12:37 PM
p!nksson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for p!nksson Click here to Send p!nksson a Private Message Find more posts by p!nksson Add p!nksson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1'n'onlyMrPINK!

quote:
Originally posted by dfantasy

Mann drops one hint about the still-secretly-titled song he produced when he adds, “there’s the coda at the end of the track that’s just Pink and the choir, which is very moving and immensely soulful.” And totally Philly to boot. “You can take the girl out of Philly,” says Mann, “you can’t take Philly out of the girl.”

My dream is being fulfilled. <3

Old Post 08-30-2017 10:41 PM
1'n'onlyMrPINK! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Click here to Send 1'n'onlyMrPINK! a Private Message Find more posts by 1'n'onlyMrPINK! Add 1'n'onlyMrPINK! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vasili82

quote:
Originally posted by 1'n'onlyMrPINK!
My dream is being fulfilled. <3

Same. I was hoping for a gospel song.

Old Post 09-01-2017 11:26 AM
Vasili82 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vasili82 Click here to Send Vasili82 a Private Message Find more posts by Vasili82 Add Vasili82 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vasili82

Billy Joel will be that one feature on the album, right? Exciting.

Old Post 09-01-2017 11:26 AM
Vasili82 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vasili82 Click here to Send Vasili82 a Private Message Find more posts by Vasili82 Add Vasili82 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nooneanymore

quote:

<3 <3

a dream come true for me too.

Everything I've heard so far about this album sounds extremely promising.

Old Post 09-01-2017 12:24 PM
nooneanymore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nooneanymore Click here to Send nooneanymore a Private Message Find more posts by nooneanymore Add nooneanymore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
M*A*X*IT

is it me or reading the article it seems just one song recorded with billy mann eventually ended in the album cut... in that case, the song is I Am Here.

Old Post 09-01-2017 12:25 PM
M*A*X*IT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for M*A*X*IT Click here to Send M*A*X*IT a Private Message Find more posts by M*A*X*IT Add M*A*X*IT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dfantasy
World Tour Level

quote:
Originally posted by M*A*X*IT
is it me or reading the article it seems just one song recorded with billy mann eventually ended in the album cut... in that case, the song is I Am Here.

I was wondering about the timeline - we saw the clip of the choir a few weeks back. The tracklisting was already released. This article was released just recently, so wondering about the "yet-to-be-titled" phrase.

Old Post 09-01-2017 12:46 PM
dfantasy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dfantasy Click here to Send dfantasy a Private Message Visit dfantasy's homepage! Find more posts by dfantasy Add dfantasy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
M*A*X*IT

quote:
I was wondering about the timeline - we saw the clip of the choir a few weeks back. The tracklisting was already released. This article was released just recently, so wondering about the "yet-to-be-titled" phrase.

not really... that song was recorded on July 13rd.
The tracklist was announced the day What About Us was released.
it's deff. part of the new album.
https://twitter.com/BillyMann/status/885839926985732098

Old Post 09-01-2017 02:04 PM
M*A*X*IT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for M*A*X*IT Click here to Send M*A*X*IT a Private Message Find more posts by M*A*X*IT Add M*A*X*IT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grenno

So, can we expect that every song on BT is from a different producer? I mean from the producer list so far, almost half of the album is already pretty diverse.

• Max Martin
• Shellback
- one song (1)

• busbee
- one song (2)

• Julia Michaels
- one song (3)

• Steve Mac
• Johnny McDaid
- one song (4)

• Billy Mann
- one song (5)

• Jack Antonoff
- one song (6)

I'm curiuos if Eg White and Butch Walker are going to be back again, and if there's a surprise old-producer, like Linda or Damon, on it, and if she got together with Dallas again for a song.
Also, she said she finally got to work with people this time around she otherwise wouldn't have had the time to work with had she been given a deadline. All the producers so far seem very RCA delegated tho, so I'm not sure (and I hope) there really will be a surprise producer/writer collab on it.

Really excited to find out who else is going to be on the CD.

Last edited by grenno on 09-03-2017 at 12:31 AM

Old Post 09-03-2017 12:26 AM
grenno is offline Click Here to See the Profile for grenno Click here to Send grenno a Private Message Visit grenno's homepage! Find more posts by grenno Add grenno to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
p!nksson

I do think shellback and max Martin wrote barbies..just a feeling 😁

Old Post 09-03-2017 02:07 PM
p!nksson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for p!nksson Click here to Send p!nksson a Private Message Find more posts by p!nksson Add p!nksson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grenno

Something to update:

Jack Antonoff produced Beautiful Trauma (song), and it's anthemic.

Also, her goal was to not have an album full of slow and sad songs, because that's all she had for a while. She wanted to be better at recording, too. "I've always been better live"

EW https://i.imgur.com/zFino7u.png

Last edited by grenno on 09-09-2017 at 06:28 PM

Old Post 09-09-2017 06:15 PM
M*A*X*IT

atrl is full of infos about the apple music show btw
she performed 7 new songs (WAU included).

Old Post 09-09-2017 07:08 PM
» Dani

quote:
Originally posted by M*A*X*IT
atrl is full of infos about the apple music show btw
she performed 7 new songs (WAU included).

Yeah 6 songs we didn't hear before and What about us.

Old Post 09-09-2017 08:07 PM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote