Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > On The Inside... > Chat Forum > Your year in review.
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
» Dani

Your year in review.

We always did these before so lets go again. 40 questions to help you reflect, appreciate and get excited for 2018. GO!

1. What one event, big or small, are you going to tell your grandchildren about?
2. If you had to describe your 2017 in 3 words, what would they be?
3. What new things did you discover about yourself?
4. What single achievement are you most proud of?
5. What was the best news you received?
6. What was your favourite place that you visited in 2017?
7. Which of your personal qualities turned out to be the most helpful this year?
8. Who was your number one go-to person that you could always rely on?
9. Which new skills did you learn?
10. What, or who, are you most thankful for?
11. If someone wrote a book about your life in 2017, what kind of genre would it be? A comedy, love story, drama, film noir or something else?
12. What was the most important lesson you learnt in 2017?
13. Which mental block(s) did you overcome?
14. What 5 people did you most enjoy spending time with?
15. What was your biggest break-through moment career-wise?
16. How did your relationship to your family evolve?
17. What book or movie affected your life in a profound way?
18. What was your favourite compliment that you received this year?
19. What little things did you most enjoy during your day-to-day life?
20. What cool things did you create this year?
21. What was your most common mental state this year (e.g. excited, curious, stressed)?
22. Was there anything you did for the very first time in your life this year?
23. What was your favourite moment spent with your friends?
24. What major goal did you lay the foundations for?
25. Which worries turned out to be completely unnecessary?
26. What experience would you love to do all over again?
27. What was the best gift you received?
28. How did your overall outlook on life evolve?
29. What was the biggest problem you solved?
30. What was the funniest moment of your year, one that still makes it hard not to burst out laughing when you think about it?
31. What purchase turned out to be the best decision ever?
32. What one thing would you do differently and why?
33. What do you deserve a pat on the back for?
34. What activities made you lose track of time?
35. What did you think about more than anything else?
36. What topics did you most enjoy learning about?
37. What new habits did you cultivate?
38. What advice would you give your early-2017 self if you could?
39. Did any parts of your self or your life do a complete 180 this year?
40. What or who had the biggest positive impact on your life this year?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-17-2017 10:50 AM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

1. What one event, big or small, are you going to tell your grandchildren about? I'll probably encourage spontaneity and as an example tell them about the LA holiday I booked on Monday noon and flew out next morning.
2. If you had to describe your 2017 in 3 words, what would they be? A traumatic never-ending roller coaster ride.
3. What new things did you discover about yourself? That I can be really mean when I'm all heated and triggered, and can say so much **** that I later regret and feel bad about. Because I didn't really mean all of it - so I try to just say what I mean, which is a problem still because I literally 100000% mean them in the moment if I feel injustice or misunderstood. And then when I've cooled down I realize I didn't really mean it. This has always been my issue and probably always will. But I'm working on it. If I try to walk out of the room or house, poor you if you follow me lol. I also learnt to always trust my guts. To not make excuses for other people's behavior. To understand that words don't mean **** unless they are supported with actions. To know that not everyone is raised to be honest and to do other people good.
4. What single achievement are you most proud of? For not letting bad things, happenings or people ruin or change me. To be able to love even when I ached myself.
5. What was the best news you received? I have no idea. Probably that mom and I got tickets to see Pink in Berlin. It was the best timing. I really needed that.
6. What was your favourite place that you visited in 2017? Mallorca, Spain. Probably my 4th or 5th time there now. Love it.
7. Which of your personal qualities turned out to be the most helpful this year? To myself or others? To myself to be able to see something positive even in the negative. To others, I guess that people feel listened to and understood when they talk to me. I always hear that I make people talk a lot and open up about emotional things they otherwise feel uncomfortable talking about. I'm happy to do that if it helps people.
8. Who was your number one go-to person that you could always rely on? Two people share that equally; my colleague Kim and my friend Sandra. These two know me inside out. I've told them about every single thought that's been in my head, lol.
9. Which new skills did you learn? Loads of technical stuff and house things I never did myself before. Still find them boring and would prefer someone else to do them.
10. What, or who, are you most thankful for? My family, my friends and the large amount of amazing music people this world have created.
11. If someone wrote a book about your life in 2017, what kind of genre would it be? A comedy, love story, drama, film noir or something else? 50% a dramatic love story and 50% intense goofy comedy with many sarcastic moments many people would get killed for.
12. What was the most important lesson you learnt in 2017? I learnt about who I am, how I work, what I want and what I need to live a happy life without changing myself or the one I'm sharing life with.
13. Which mental block(s) did you overcome? Uhh, don't wanna talk about it.
14. What 5 people did you most enjoy spending time with? I love spending time with one close friend and eat good and chat all night about nothing and everything, but I also love spending time with friends in groups and do the same. So I guess my closest friends, some friends I haven't met for a long time, and my family.
15. What was your biggest break-through moment career-wise? None this year really. But if I have to mention something it's when Warner Music called me in for an interview for a job as PR manager for international artists out of 1 200 applicants. I didn't get the job but it is a big thing for me to know I'm qualified. I guess it just wasn't the right time for me.
16. How did your relationship to your family evolve? It just does with the years.
17. What book or movie affected your life in a profound way? Uhhhh, me and titles.
18. What was your favourite compliment that you received this year? I don't know. Probably that the reason my head is big and wide is because it has to make room for my big and amazing smile. That was cute because the size of my head is a bit of a complex for me. I'm still learning to accept compliments. I am very thankful for them and I try to listen to what people say and show my appreciation, but many times I just don't think I deserve to hear them because there are so many more beautiful and better people out there.
19. What little things did you most enjoy during your day-to-day life? Coming to work in the morning and smelling that coffee smell and sitting in that couch with that amazing view and chatting for 30 minutes with my funny collegues in all different ages. Also coming home after work to silence is amazing too because my work contains out of meetings with many many many with people.
20. What cool things did you create this year?I write a lot but I don't know if any of it is that cool. But I do some design stuff in Ai and Id.
21. What was your most common mental state this year (e.g. excited, curious, stressed)? Patient and hopeful.
22. Was there anything you did for the very first time in your life this year?Ate oysters. YUM!
23. What was your favourite moment spent with your friends? When us 10 girls travelled to Poland. Just crazy fun. What happens in Poland stays in Poland.
24. What major goal did you lay the foundations for? It's not a major goal or a goal at all, but more of an insight. I need to gain work experience from the music industry somehow if I'm ever gonna get a PR manager job as my first job there. So I need to work out a plan for that. Or either start as an assistant of some kind boiling coffee or booking meetings. But probably should get an extra job of some kind or manage social media or whatever pro bono thing for someone just to have a case. I have no idea. I need to work something out.
25. Which worries turned out to be completely unnecessary? I always worry and everything I worry about is always necessary to worry about!!!
26. What experience would you love to do all over again? I travelled abroad 8 times this year and I could do that all over again.
27. What was the best gift you received? I don't know. Probably flowers friends bring when they come over for dinner.
28. How did your overall outlook on life evolve? I always knew that life contains 10% of **** that happen to us and 90% of the way we react on what happens to us. And somehow this years events just reminded me of that again.
29. What was the biggest problem you solved? I solve a lot of problems at work. I see solutions everywhere, bring me anything lol.
30. What was the funniest moment of your year, one that still makes it hard not to burst out laughing when you think about it? Wayyyyyyyy too many, ha. Probably locking myself out on the balcony in shorts and a tee in minus with a phone that only had 1% battery and then died on me. I laughed so ***king hard at my own stupidity.
31. What purchase turned out to be the best decision ever? Buying those crazy expensive early entry wild heart tickets to see Pink in LA and Vegas. I can't wait!
32. What one thing would you do differently and why? Sometimes I wish I wasn't as much of a fighter as I am. Sometimes I'd be better if I gave up earlier. Some thing are just not worth fighting for that much.
33. What do you deserve a pat on the back for? For being and believing in myself and doing right no matter how many good reasons I had to be ****ty and do bad.
34. What activities made you lose track of time? Every project I start at home late at night weekdays.
35. What did you think about more than anything else? I often think about and appreciate that I have so much of value in my life and so many caring and amazing people close to me.
36. What topics did you most enjoy learning about? Everything! I'm a sponge.
37. What new habits did you cultivate? I guess cooking a lot again and not eating out too much - expensive habit!!!
38. What advice would you give your early-2017 self if you could? Stick with them boundaries no matter what sister.
39. Did any parts of your self or your life do a complete 180 this year? Hm.. from being in love with someone I thought I knew on a deep deep level and bidding on a house and just planning and talking about the future and being happy even if at times it was though - to actually realize everything was fake and the person you thought you knew was a pathological cheating liar (everyone around me says psycho - which is probably true, but who are we to judge). Hm yeah life turned 180 but THANK GOD FOR THAT.
40. What or who had the biggest positive impact on your life this year? Myself. For the first time I can say this and feel proud. For being strong enough to leave it all, pretty hurt but in good condition still. 2018 will be full of new possibilities!

Old Post 12-17-2017 02:13 PM
» Dani is offline Click Here to See the Profile for » Dani Click here to Send » Dani a Private Message Visit » Dani's homepage! Find more posts by » Dani Add » Dani to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black_Keyz

Re: Your year in review.

1. What one event, big or small, are you going to tell your grandchildren about? I suppose the piece of **** that got inaugurated

2. If you had to describe your 2017 in 3 words, what would they be? Knife. Scar. Coverage.

3. What new things did you discover about yourself?
That maybe I shouldn’t force things

4. What single achievement are you most proud of?
I’m still here

5. What was the best news you received?
Pass

6. What was your favourite place that you visited in 2017? I went one place. If I didn’t spend the whole time miserable, that.

7. Which of your personal qualities turned out to be the most helpful this year?
Quick healing

8. Who was your number one go-to person that you could always rely on? Lol I chuckled

9. Which new skills did you learn? Piano

10. What, or who, are you most thankful for?
P!nk I guess

11. If someone wrote a book about your life in 2017, what kind of genre would it be? A comedy, love story, drama, film noir or something else? A tragedy. A comedy of errors. A snuff film. And a convincing argument in favor of doctor assisted suicide

12. What was the most important lesson you learnt in 2017? That if it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, it’s probably a duck

13. Which mental block(s) did you overcome? The illusion that somebody was something that they weren’t

14. What 5 people did you most enjoy spending time with? Way to assume people have that many people to spend time with

15. What was your biggest break-through moment career-wise? I didn’t punch a boss

16. How did your relationship to your family evolve? I didn’t punch my mother

17. What book or movie affected your life in a profound way? Simon, or Harry Potter

18. What was your favourite compliment that you received this year? You look sickly

19. What little things did you most enjoy during your day-to-day life? Dishes and vacuuming

20. What cool things did you create this year? Memories ♥

21. What was your most common mental state this year (e.g. excited, curious, stressed)? Suicidal

22. Was there anything you did for the very first time in your life this year? Yep

23. What was your favourite moment spent with your friends? When all of my friends ignored the fact that I was bleeding badly and needed medical attention

24. What major goal did you lay the foundations for? Goal? What is this word?

25. Which worries turned out to be completely unnecessary? All of them

26. What experience would you love to do all over again? I almost drowned. Be nice to have a second chance at succeeding.

27. What was the best gift you received? The gift of love

28. How did your overall outlook on life evolve? I realized that life is exactly what I think it is.

29. What was the biggest problem you solved? The Bost Conjecture

30. What was the funniest moment of your year, one that still makes it hard not to burst out laughing when you think about it? When that funny thing happened

31. What purchase turned out to be the best decision ever? iPhone X

32. What one thing would you do differently and why? I’d decline an invite. The invite wasn’t sincere

33. What do you deserve a pat on the back for? Being alive

34. What activities made you lose track of time? Smoking pot

35. What did you think about more than anything else? An utter fool and a waste of time and energy

36. What topics did you most enjoy learning about? Global warming

37. What new habits did you cultivate? I stopped some old ones

38. What advice would you give your early-2017 self if you could? “Don’t go on a trip. Also, stop talking to him. Just move on”

39. Did any parts of your self or your life do a complete 180 this year? They stayed at 180. Or 0

40. What or who had the biggest positive impact on your life this year? P!nk I guess

Old Post 12-20-2017 12:21 PM
Black_Keyz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black_Keyz Click here to Send Black_Keyz a Private Message Find more posts by Black_Keyz Add Black_Keyz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
purple18
Triple Platinum Record Level

uuuuuuh Tommy are you okay? do you wanna talk about it? i hope you're just being funny.

Old Post 12-21-2017 12:24 PM
purple18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for purple18 Click here to Send purple18 a Private Message Find more posts by purple18 Add purple18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black_Keyz

quote:
Originally posted by purple18
uuuuuuh Tommy are you okay? do you wanna talk about it? i hope you're just being funny.
Oh I’m totes okay. And you know me, funny and miserable go hand in hand.

Old Post 12-21-2017 12:35 PM
Black_Keyz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black_Keyz Click here to Send Black_Keyz a Private Message Find more posts by Black_Keyz Add Black_Keyz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
purple18

quote:
Originally posted by Black_Keyz
Oh I’m totes okay. And you know me, funny and miserable go hand in hand.
hmm i don't really feel like i really know you even if i LOL a lot at your style because it's hard to see through all the sarcasm sometimes but i just hope you'll feel better. and lemme know if you want to talk to someone.

Old Post 12-21-2017 12:49 PM
purple18 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for purple18 Click here to Send purple18 a Private Message Find more posts by purple18 Add purple18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black_Keyz

quote:
Originally posted by purple18
hmm i don't really feel like i really know you even if i LOL a lot at your style because it's hard to see through all the sarcasm sometimes but i just hope you'll feel better. and lemme know if you want to talk to someone.
I have morbid humor naturally. No need to worry though. I cut the toxic ******* from my life

Last edited by Black_Keyz on 12-21-2017 at 06:49 PM

Old Post 12-21-2017 05:10 PM
Black_Keyz

Let’s make Dani happy and fill it this form. Not that I know anything but, she seems like she’s desperate for this thread to get replies

Old Post 12-21-2017 06:50 PM
» Dani

quote:
I have morbid humor naturally. No need to worry though. I cut the toxic ******* from my life

Old Post 12-21-2017 06:50 PM
nooneanymore

I filled this whole thing except for a few questions during the weekend and left my browser open to finish it later. Then my browser crashed for some reason and I lost it Soo have to do it over again when I find the time

Old Post 12-22-2017 12:21 PM
nooneanymore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nooneanymore Click here to Send nooneanymore a Private Message Find more posts by nooneanymore Add nooneanymore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nooneanymore

quote:
Originally posted by » Dani

<3<3

Why do we always feel like we need to be more than we are? We are just enough. You are unique and amazing just as you are. Your reflection which is full of insight, strength, hope and love, in spite of the year you've had (or partly because of it?) proves it.

Old Post 12-22-2017 12:29 PM
nooneanymore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nooneanymore Click here to Send nooneanymore a Private Message Find more posts by nooneanymore Add nooneanymore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
» Dani

quote:
Let’s make Dani happy and fill it this form. Not that I know anything but, she seems like she’s desperate for this thread to get replies

Hahaha, yeahhhh. Do it twice because I'm not happy with you alls doing it only once!

Old Post 12-22-2017 06:15 PM
» Dani

quote:
Originally posted by nooneanymore
<3<3

Why do we always feel like we need to be more than we are? We are just enough. You are unique and amazing just as you are. Your reflection which is full of insight, strength, hope and love, in spite of the year you've had (or partly because of it?) proves it.

Thank you Milla for your warm and beautiful words.

And I'm sorry about your browser. That happened to me once too when I wrote one of those gig stories. Man, that sucked

Old Post 12-22-2017 06:18 PM
Black_Keyz

Doesn’t anybody want to give their year end review?

Old Post 12-25-2017 11:30 PM
cervin

quote:
Doesn’t anybody want to give their year end review?
it sucked, next year isn't looking good either

Old Post 12-26-2017 06:05 AM
cervin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cervin Click here to Send cervin a Private Message Find more posts by cervin Add cervin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote