Home | Settings | Register | Calendar | Members | FAQ | Search | P!nksPage.com

The official P!nk forums The official P!nk forums > All things P!nk > P!nk Everything! > Q&A Session I - Jim Moore
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Moan Alecia
Ultra P!nk Forum Admin

Q&A Session - Jim Moore

A little while ago we all put our questions forward to Jim Moore, and Im pleased to say he's managed to spare some time for us!

So firstly,

Thankyou Jim, your time and effort is greatly appreciated, as are you!

Much Love,

Karen x

So lets shoot with the first Q:

quote:
Originally posted by devoted_pink

Id really like to know how it makes YOU feel inspiring our pinkness through the music you played to her when she was younger..and seeing the outcome that touches so many peoples lives today through the beauty of music?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-12-2004 12:45 AM
Moan Alecia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Moan Alecia Click here to Send Moan Alecia a Private Message Visit Moan Alecia's homepage! Find more posts by Moan Alecia Add Moan Alecia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
THUD
MixTape Level

Inspiration

She showed a burning desire for music at a very early age and now when I see her on stage or in the studio it makes me feel almost very important that part of what she is came from me. I always knew from the time she was only 8 or 9 that she would do something with music someday. She just had so much talent. I was pretty good in my time but she has gone light years past where I was or ever could be. I am a very proud Dad because she did it all on her own.

Old Post 08-12-2004 12:50 AM
THUD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for THUD Find more posts by THUD Add THUD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Moan Alecia
Ultra P!nk Forum Admin

quote:
Originally posted by Miss_Undaztood2
Hi Jim! If you hade to describe your daughter in three words what whould it be?

Old Post 08-12-2004 12:52 AM
Moan Alecia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Moan Alecia Click here to Send Moan Alecia a Private Message Visit Moan Alecia's homepage! Find more posts by Moan Alecia Add Moan Alecia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
THUD
MixTape Level

That's pretty hard to do even for me but the three words that came right to mind are "The Real Thing"

Old Post 08-12-2004 12:55 AM
THUD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for THUD Find more posts by THUD Add THUD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Moan Alecia
Ultra P!nk Forum Admin

quote:
Originally posted by Love<3P!nk
what do u think when u sometimes read crap of your daughter? donīt u wish sometimes your daugher wouldnīt be that much in press??

do u recieve many calls from fans and what do u tell them?

have u ever been ashamed for something that alecia did?

Old Post 08-12-2004 12:57 AM
THUD
MixTape Level

We don't get many calls from fans but I have to say that she is an adult now and she has her own mind and she has always been very outspoken. I raised my kids and always told them to say what was on their minds. That way, by being honest they didn't have to always remember anything and that even though they might not have many friends they would have no enemies because they would know exactly how they felt about any subject. After the life I have had it would take a lot to embarass me. Remember, if you always tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.

Old Post 08-12-2004 01:03 AM
Moan Alecia
Ultra P!nk Forum Admin

quote:
Originally posted by thepinkmuffin

i'd like to know what music alecia grow up around with at home?

what did u play, what did she play?

Old Post 08-12-2004 01:05 AM
THUD
MixTape Level

I love all knids of music but folkee kind of jazzy blues was always my favorite as I loved to play it on the guitar. I did a lot of finger picking and it just sounded good on a acoustic guitar. I listened to rock, rock and roll, Billy Joel was one of my favorites. I loved the Motown sound, the sounds of Peter, Paul and Mary, Springstein, Aerosmith, and so on. We listened to all kinds of music, even show tunes from some of the best Broadway musicals like Camelot and that kind of stuff.

Old Post 08-12-2004 01:13 AM
Moan Alecia
Ultra P!nk Forum Admin

quote:
Originally posted by GermanPinkFan2

Do you sometimes go to your daughters concerts?

Have you been shocked by the Try This tour and the way Alecia behaved on stage?

Old Post 08-12-2004 01:19 AM
THUD
MixTape Level

In the early years I was actually involved in her management and say many concerts and each time I was amazed by her talent. I have not seen her concerts of late and what she does is her decision and show business is like no business I know so I will leave it to her to make the decisions. I'm the Dad and just love her all the time no matter what she does.

Old Post 08-12-2004 01:23 AM
Moan Alecia
Ultra P!nk Forum Admin

quote:
Originally posted by MonarC P!nk, Moan Alecia & Kesha
- What are the highlights from YOUR eyes of your daughter's career?

- What fav three songs from each of your daughter's albums? and if you want to, briefly explain why.

- What advise (a few words, possibly longer would you give someone trying to make it in the industry today as a young manager/music marketer.

- Who would YOU love your daughter to collaborate with past/present artist?

- Can you leave a few general words of advise for us P!nk fans just on life or a favourite quote that you believe in.

Old Post 08-12-2004 01:24 AM
THUD
MixTape Level

Wow......that is a lot of stuff. Let's see......highlights in my eyes....Would have to say when she had her first album go gold and then platinum. Also when she was finally given some credit for her writing skills. But I guess one of the biggest things is something not a lot of people think about. Out of her first nine singles eight of them were in the top ten. Not many artist can claim that. As far as what I would say to a young manager I guess it would be to stand by what you say, be honest in all your dealings with your artist, tell them what you are doing and why. And ask your artist what they want you to do for them. There is so little honesty in the world of music with so many artists being raked over the coals. Just be honest and have respect for yourself. I would have loved to see her write with Billy Joel or with one of the women country stars. Yes, she can sing country too. As far as my favorite quote.........Winston Churchill gets the credit for this one. At a graduation ceremony in England he was the keynote speaker. He walked up to the podium, hung his cane on the side of it and simply said, "Never Give Up" and then picked up his cane and walked away. My advice to you and to anyone, first have honor and integrity because it is the only thing we can take with us into the next world after we die. Second, have enough guts to do the right thing even when no one else is around. Do it for you first because you are who you have to live with for as long as you are here on earth. Oh, and my favorite, never grow old, never grow up, cherish every second you are given on this earth and make the best of every day. Don't just sit on the fence and watch others live, get in the game whether or not you screw it up or not, just get in the game of life.

Old Post 08-12-2004 01:40 AM
Moan Alecia
Ultra P!nk Forum Admin

Thank you SOOOOOOOOO much Jim!!!!
For giving us your time, and words!

Karen x

p.s there will be another session soon

Old Post 08-12-2004 01:50 AM